SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year Nine

So… Did we start?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Trade to announce, I trade the 1.01 pick to Jules Andre for Todd Gurley.

Correction: it is my 1.01 and 2.01 for Gurley

I think before we can really get started we’re going to need a finalized draft order reflecting our cuts, so we know what picks we have. Otherwise, it can start to get messy.

My understanding of how this sequence works is that we get our picks based on how many players we cut, which are slotted based on our draft order, and then last year’s trades take effect. So, my final cuts will be as follows:

QB Colin Kaepernick (lol)
RB Alex Collins
WR Dorial Green-Beckham
WR Brandon LaFell
TE Ladarius Green
DEF Buffalo

This gives me the following picks: 1.03, 2.03, 3.03, 4.03, 5.03, and 6.03, and then 3.03 goes to dalej42 for the trade from last year. In return, I get his final pick, which is 7.01. Do I have that right so far?

I hope so. Dalej42 stole my thunder a tiny bit, but to kick off the 2017 Draft, the following trade has been finalized:

Jules Andre (HungryHungryHaruspex) gets:
1.01 and 2.01

Dalej42 (Warner’s Brothers) gets:
RB Todd Gurley

It was not discussed in the negotiations, but I assume Dalej42 gets my last pick for balancing, which is 7.01, his original last pick.

I have a lot to say about this move, but in the interest of moving things along, I’ll post my thoughts a bit later. Let’s start the draft.

With the first pick, 1.01, of the 2017 Draft, HungryHungryHaruspex selects Leonard Fournette, RB, Jax (PM sent to RetroVertigo)

My apologies for the tardiness. I just got back from my live draft in Chicago, so I’ve been occupied.

I’ll be cutting:

Gary Barnidge
Matt Barkley
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Kenyan Drake
Dontrelle Inman
Dallas D
Bucs D

I believe that leaves me with a roster of 19, which gives me 6 (Rosters of 25, right?) picks this year, my most in awhile. Time to get younger and prettier.

Yeah, 6 picks, looks right.
I’m setting up our schedule, draft order right now. The keeper declaration deadline in Yahoo is set for tomorrow, which I believe means tonight at midnight Pacific. Hopefully once that comes, Yahoo will stop being hinky and I’ll be able to see who entered their keepers correctly and get everything set up properly on the page.

When you’ve made a pick, PM the person who’s up after you. In thise case Retro is up. Draft order can be found in the OP.

It occurs to me I never posted my own cuts:

QB Case Keenum
QB Tony Romo (ret)
RB Danny Woodhead
RB DeAngelo Williams (ret)
WR Cole Beasley
WR Eli Rogers
WR Leonte Carroo

There are a few potentially not entirely useless players there!

I think we solidified the rule last year that both players have to end the draft with 25 players. So if he’s trading 2 picks to you, he’d need 2 picks/players in return. So yes, you’d get 2 draft picks and he gets Gurley/7.01 is my understanding.

Pick 1.2 - Dalvin Cook RB Min

Jules is up again. PM to be sent.

Pick 1.03 - Joe Mixon, RB, Cin. Ellis Dee is up, pm sent.

2017 Draft Recap:
1.01 Jules - Leonard Fournette, RB, Jax
1.02 Retro - Dalvin Cook, RB, Min
1.03 Jules - Joe Mixon, RB, Cin
1.04 Ellis
1.05 RNATB
1.06 Beef [from Justin]
1.07 Hamlet
1.08 Omni
1.09 Petey
1.10 Stringer
1.11 Varlos
1.12 Justin [from Beef]

Christian McCaffrey, RB, CAR

PM Sent

Well that’s the guy I wanted. I also like Mixon. But I’d have probably taken McCaffrey #1 overall. I was trying to get into the top 4 for either.

I wonder what oh what shall RNATB do, what with a broken Spencer Ware on his roster and his rapidly rising replacement. Maybe draft a kicker to replace Aguayo.

Ok guys, so I’m late to the party here and it looks like I missed my chance to put in my cuts. Suggestions on what I should do?

Your cuts wouldn’t have affected the draft so far, I’d imagine, so just post them and we’ll keep going, I’m guessing.

Gimme a few minutes to get to a desktop and I’ll post them.

Here’s my cuts:
Seth “Waiver Wire” Roberts - WR, OAK
Josh “Turd” Ferguson - RB, IND
D.J. “the Committee” Foster - RB, NE
Larry “Next Man Up” Donnell - TE, BAL
Christine “Don’t Call Me Shirley” Michael - RB, IND
Karlos “Not Eligible” Williams - RB, PIT

Yeah, should be fine, Omni.

I’ll set up the draft on Yahoo tomorrow and we’ll have a definitive list of how many picks everyone has, etc.

Well, shit. RNATB hasn’t checked in for 22 hours, and I need to go to bed soon. And I don’t want to just send in a pre-rank list because there’s a certain scenario that may need finangling.

Sorry guys, I’m here. Think I’m trading the pick. Hang on.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk