SDMB Nostalgia...

I remember Cessandra’s Prayer at Graduation thread.

I remember that Diane thought I was a moron.

I remember that I was the one who replied to Phaedy’s first post.

I remember Melingate, and it’s casualties.

I remember arguing with Gaudere and Topolino about child discipline.

I remember Stoidela’s great topics (Abortion for Men, Abolish all Vice Laws, I Flame You All, etc.)

I remember The Mate Dope thread, and the Put Your Modesty Away and Share thread, and The Frugal Thread thread.

I remember finding TVeblen.

I remember doing a cheerleader cheer for Byzantine in the Brithael v. Byzantine thread.

I remember when ChiefScott took a LOA from the board to restore GBS faith in his cyber-fidelity.

I remember when all the girls wanted to do Satan, and then when they all switched to wanting to do Auraseer, and I remember that I found it ironic that both of them are named Brian.

I remember when Krispy Original was still Contestant #3, and he actually talked to me, then. I remember when Connie started the “Don’t reveal your birthdate to ChrisCTP” thread…a thread that resulted in me typing up birthday profiles for about thirty other Dopers.

I remember having a whole Pit thread dedicated to my marital spat.

“It’s okay. I wouldn’t remember me either.”

Damn, now I remember Topolino. Whatever happened to Topolino? I LIKED Topolino.

And, Chris, I hope you found TVeblen well.

Uke

ChrisCTP You replied to Phaedy???
You must be put to sleep now… :wink:

Whoa, does this mean I’m edging away from newbiedom? I remember:

• when Contestant#3 was still C#3 and the first banning brouhaha.
  • Pickman’s Model; sigh. He was such a peach.
  • when Mark Serlin first appeared
  • when Guy Stuff started
  • Phaedy appearing and disintegrating
  • the tag ends of Brithael (shudder)
  • Bj0rn’s first incoherent post, followed by many other incoherent posts
  • Manhattan before he was a mod
  • when nobody got together until Chris broke the ice and got us together face to face
  • trolls past and unmissed; PitBullDawg, Mikey, Formeragent, etc. etc.
  • when Little Nemo was [redacted]
  • when TennHippie and PLDennison graced the boards

Damn, who’da thunk I’d get this deeply addicted this fast?

Veb

Uke: Topolino snuck away in early autumn with the excuse that she was moving away to become a teacher. I’m guessing that she posted from work and didn’t have a personal computer to take with her.

If it makes you feel any better, I think she said she’d be back with us as soon as she was settled and had means.

“It’s okay. I wouldn’t remember me either.”

What, did you used to post to a different board? :wink:

I remember the Shut Up! Shut Up! Shut Up! Thread, about noisy people in movie theaters. That was the first time that I refrained from making a wiseass comment to another poster (I should have done it, it was pretty funny.)

I remember the trail of Guan Ye (Presided by ChefScot)

I remember when Byzantine described her encounter in Ireland.

I remember Neuro Trash Girl’s first flame.

I remember Wally’s rabid pimp days.

I remember the debut of Coldfire.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I remember my first post on this board–it was to Phil, in a thread he started about how he hurt himself.

I remember when Guy Stuff started. It kept me occupied throughout my entire ten-week maternity leave.

I remember Chris’s Birthday thread. I was so impressed with what she sent me about my own birthday that I went out & bought that book myself.

I don’t remember loverock. I’m assuming that’s a good thing.

Changing my sig, because Wally said to, and I really like Wally, and I’ll do anything he says, anytime he says to.

Not remembering loverock is an example of the postivie aspect of repressed memories. ::fleeing::

I remember when Shirley Ujest was Just Joan.

-Melin

positive, dammit, positive!

-Melin

PmpDdayMck I think

The link is still there, but the page it’s on isn’t linked to anything anymore ( http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/devil.html ) and the link doesn’t work. It used to be on Eutychus’s site, so I guess he has it. The fairy tale was kinda cool, except that my character was some kind of “wild woman” who talked in caveman speech :stuck_out_tongue:

“it’s all real”
“I KNEW IT!!!”
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

BZZZZTTT sorry, wrong. :slight_smile: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/reunion.html

“it’s all real”
“I KNEW IT!!!”
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

I remember my very first New Topic. It was ‘Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Siamese Triplets’ on the old AOL board, and all I got was smart-aleck replies.
I also remember Melingate (who doesn’t?), and the departure of MyQuadell.
I remember Fe***** Wh***‘s Internet romance. (*in case he never came clean and has since given himself away) :wink:
I don’t remember my original password, that’s why it looks like I registered in August.
:::SIGH:::: The good ol’ days
Rose

I told you not to be stupid, you moron.

I remember most of the stuff Opal mentioned, and all of the stuff Tyler and Shadow mentioned, but there’s more…

I remember…

…why did the Doper cross the road?
…“trained statistician”
…the cardboard cutout of Ted Danson.
…MANNY!
…JohnGalt2U
…and, of COURSE, “Titanic Wallpaper” the original MPSIMS!

Oh, and I remember California, too.

~Harborina

“This is my sandbox. I’m not allowed to go in the deep end. That’s where I saw the leprechauns.”

I remember

[ul]Dragonfly99 (and 98)
mangeorge’s “Why are angel’s babes” thread
when threads were always on one page, no matter how long they got, and Melin would start a new thread whenever the old one got too long. 2/3 of MPSIMS was started by Melin
When all of the old AOL members where showing up and marveling at the new format
The first “story behind your alias” thread
The first “hooker name” thread
When there were only like 2 moderators for all of the forums.[/ul]

I too remember the Prayer at graduation thread(s).

I fondly recall the Discontinued restaurant items thread.

I remember when telling someone in the Pit to “shut their pie hole” was enough to get admonished by Lynn.

I remember E1skeptic

I remember when DavidB used to get all upset when I’d write about UFOs…wait a minute…that still happens…never mind…

The first Pit thread I remember was where some chick had dissed OpalCat for a TMHP award and dozens of regulars came to Opal’s defense and tore the flamer to shreds.

I remember when Nicrz used to stick up for me.

I remember when Diane shared her UFO experience with us and she also sent me pictures. (that was before she developed a crush on me)

BTW, Sorry for not talking to you much lately ChrisCTP…it’s nothing personal.

Krispy Original – The original SDMB bad boy

I remember all those posts about how Bill Clinton didn’t have a chance of getting re-elected.

I remember all those endless arguments about Watergate and whether Nixon should resign.

I remember when the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan and you-know-who said they would never make it big in America.

I remember how we all gathered together here for three straight days after JFK was shot. And did it again for Apollo 11.

I remember all of those pro-Nazi trolls who suddenly did a 180 after Hitler declared war.

I remember the arguments about whether the Martian landings on the radio were real or a UL.

I remember how we were almost shut down by the government when people started writing those pro-Debs posts.

I remember all those threads about who your ten favorite vaudville stars were.

I remember endlessly debating whether Wilkes acted alone or was a patsy in the Lincoln assassination.

I remember all those endless debates about
whether we should abolish the Articles of Confedearation and what should be in the Constitution.

But most of all, I remember when this board had only been around for a year and we had to make up events to get a proper sense of nostalgia.

How do you feel about the tow truck industry, and why?

your humble TubaDiva
Who knows where the time goes?

Where can I find Titanic wallpaper?

Tuba, I love you! I’d forgotten that one! :::ACTUALLY laughing out loud:::

BTW, salsa wasn’t really part of the Condiment Wars. I know, cause I was the Goddess of Salsa, and I couldn’t compete with Steve and Rich.

Oh, and who could forget Alan Kingsley and the “she looked rich” argument, soon to be followed by the “my dog died,” which was, of course followed by the “Posters I Will Not Respond To List.” I can’t remember who was on that list now, except Libby and George.

Oh, and…TRADITION!

~Harborina

“This is my sandbox. I’m not allowed to go in the deep end. That’s where I saw the leprechauns.”

You notice how nobody wants to be the first to bring up . . . “that” site. With the pictures of “that” man . . . ?

-Melin