SDMB Pick 'em and Survival leagues 2015

Last year’s thread

Pick 'em:
In NFL Pick 'em leagues, each player predicts the outcome of every NFL game. There are three different types, and we run all three. You can join any or all of them.

Straight up: You simply pick the winner of each game, and get a point if correct.

Spread: A spread is determined for a game (like with sports betting), where one team has a certain amount of points given to them, and you have to pick the game with that adjustment taken into account.

Confidence: The most complex one, but in my view also the most fun. There are no spreads, so you pick the winner straight up. But you get a confidence value you can assign to every game, 1 through the number of games being played that weekend, and can only use each number once. So if there are 16 games that weekend, you’ll assign the confidence number 16 to the game where the outcome seems most clear to you, 15 for the next one, all the way down to 1 for the one you’re least sure of. If you pick correctly, the confidence value of your pick is added to your weekly score. If you only play one league, I suggest the confidence league.

Survival:
Each player picks one team that has to win each week. If your picked team fails to win, you get a strike. You can only use each team once. Three strikes and you’re out.

These leagues can hold up to 50 players each, so we’re not really at risk for filling up, and you’re competing against the whole league, not one other team per week like fantasy football, so it’s not a big deal if you end up dropping out. I’d like for everyone to play all the way through the season, but it won’t hurt anyone if you don’t, so feel free to sign up if you’re only a little interested. The more the merrier.

Sign up for pick em at that page. Password for all leagues is cecil. League numbers are:

Pick em: 6301
Spread Pick em: 6300
Confidence Pick 'em: 6303

Survival: 3307

I have joined the survivor and confidence pick 'em. The more the merrier so I hope many more will sign up.

I’m in for Survivor and Confidence Pick Em.

For those that like college football, I’ve renewed the Pick Em for that, details here

I’m back and in for confidence & survival

Hopeless Cheddarhead

Okay, I’m in for yet another year. Here’s hoping I finally get up and out of the middle.

Pick 'Em and Survival – IN!

I’m actually finding picking survival to be very very difficult this week. All the decent looking favorites are away teams.

My default survival pick is whoever plays Jacksonville…

Don’t forget to get the picks in today.

I made a thread to discuss daily/weekly fantasy sports sites. I mention it in this thread because they’re structured like the salary cap league we used to do alongside the pick’em and survival leagues.

Well, that stinks apparently I forgot to click save on my picks for week 1, and I had St. Louis and Buffalo picked! but my 9-5 record on NFL.COM shows that my picks weren’t all right too :).

I know, I was just giving y’all a 14 point head start, yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket.

:facepalm:

I love that the first stroke of the season in survival went to someone who picked the Seahawks.

Well, its downhill all the way from here :slight_smile:

Well, 1-15 in week one. It can only get better, right? Has anyone ever gone 0-16 in picks?

Massacre. Losses for New Orleans, St. Louis, Baltimore, Miami. Only two people picked Pit to survive currently. Indianapolis plays tomorrow.

Miami cost me a strike in Survivor.

Woops, I, and a bunch of us, picked Indianapolis (I think) before it was revealed Luck wouldn’t be playing. Suddenly that’s going to be a rough game.

Fairly rough week. 5 people lost with Buffalo, 2 with Buffalo, 1 with San Diego and 1 with Indianapolis. One with no pick. A bunch still pending the MNF game with Arizona. It’s the third strike with 6 people. This is really early in the year to have so many people eliminated. Sadly we’ve had a lot of no picks this year damaging people.

If Arizona wins tomorrow we’ll have 5 people with only one strike, if they don’t then no one.

Rough week in survival. Asterion lost with Baltimore, Giants of Lannister and Hal with Denver, Petey with St Louis. Only Fear the Turtle survived so far with Pittsburgh. Creasemunkey and I have Cincinatti still to play.

Only Asterion came into this week with 1 strike, and now he has 2. If Cinci wins, that gives us 4 survivors with 2 strikes. If they lose, then 2.

Fear The Turtle was eliminated this week, which means Asterion is our survival winner, since he has the tiebreaker whether or not Pittsburgh wins. Congratulatons.