SDMB Pick 'em league

By the way, anyone who reads this and wants to sign up for these leagues, feel free to do so. They’re open up until the first regular game of the season, and the leagues can hold tons of people.

I joined the confidence league. I think it should be apparent who I am in the group.

Here you guys are!
All fear the crispy Demons of second place doom…

For two weeks now, Yahoo’s Survival Football page has read: “The 2006 professional football regular season is nearly here, and so is Yahoo! Sports Survival Football. To register for the game, check back here on August 21.”

Note: Today is August 21.

I wonder if I’m the only nitwit who has been refreshing that page every 15 minutes or so today, waiting for them to fricking launch already.

I don’t know but I know that I’m the only guy in the world waiting for them to set up fantasy hockey. It’s got to be ‘late August’ by now.

Ok, they’ve got the survival page up.

In the interest of completeness, here’s all four of the 2006 SDMB pools:

Survival Pool
ID# 664

Pick 'Em Pools
Standard: ID# 2131
Confidence: ID# 10489
Spread: ID# 11123

Password for all four pools is “cecil”.

Sign 'em up! Only 17 days until kickoff!

Are you sure on the group number and pass? I entered 664, and none of “cecil” “Cecil” or “CECIL” worked

Finally signed up for all of the pick’ems… having the same problem with the Survival League, but will join up when it gets worked out.

Wha-oops. Make that “ID# 644”.

Any interest in the College Pick’em? I haven’t participated in that one in the past but imagine it’s similar to the NFL set up

BTW - I’m the Checkered Demon - nickname from eons ago, but still appropriate (in my mind anyway) :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, I’m signed in for all four, (Shibb’s) Unskilled Hacks. The first one I didn’t use my name, but figure that’s easier for trashtalk so it’s there for the others. I’ve been doing this with you guys (or others here) for the past four/five years, and I’m certain I’ve consistently lived up to my name.

I’m in the confidence league as The Narn Regime.

My son wants to play too; he’s not a poster here but a Doper in spirit. Can he get in?

And if anyone is interested, there’s a fantasy league with openings:

League # 8674

Password “notreally”

A demon duel it is!
Let the battle for last place begin!

I didn’t start the pools, nor am I anyone of authority but I see no reason why not.

My vote is for yes.

I joined all 4 groups under the name “ArchitectChore.”

Eight days until kickoff!

Survival Pool
ID# 644

Pick 'Em Pools
Standard: ID# 2131
Confidence: ID# 10489
Spread: ID# 11123

Password for all four pools is “cecil”.

By the by, Mad Hermit, I’ve certainly got no problem with your son joining in – get 'em in there.

One week to go. We’re still taking sign ups up until right before the games start, although you’ll probably want to start filling out your picks soon so you don’t have to cram at the last minute.

Looks like the spread league is shortest on players, but feel free to sign up with any of them.

Okay – ir’s official, this close to real NFL games I’ll sign up for anything that will get me through teh shakes for teh next 4 days. I have joined all 4 of these leagues.

Bless you all, my fellow sinners.