SDMB Popularity

Well.

I didn’t make the New York meeting minutes.

I posted a “let’s get together” notice for Puget Sound Straight Dopers and didn’t get any response.

I can’t even complain on the “I’m PMSing” thread due to gender problems.

I feel like I’m back in junior high school.

So, rather than sit here and feel sorry for myself I’m gonna do three things to raise my popularity rating.

In reverse order:

1. I’m going to talk about my sex life.

2. I’m going to start flirting. I will need a volunteer for this step. I am a happily married straight white male with four kids. I’ve been told I look like [fill in your favorite actor, hero or love interest here. Hey, this is the internet, right?]. If you are interested please contact me.

And the Number One step for increased SDMB popularity is:

1. I’m going to post Auraseer’s picture in my profile!

“The departure of the church-going element had induced a more humanitarian atmosphere.”
Dorothy L. Sayers
Clouds of Witness

Ooooooohh…Pluto…
Baby you make my–

Nevermind. I’m just not very good at this sort of thing. If I say “I like you, Pluto!”, will that be good enough?

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

You were the first person to say you liked my posts on the “Favorite Posters” thread. That makes you special to me! :slight_smile:

I didn’t see the puget sound get together post. I live in redmond. Sounds cool to me!

You know what Atlas did, with the weight of the world pressing down on his shoulders, his blood running over his chest for his efforts and the world continuing to bear down without concern for his efforts? He shrugged.

Also I would like to state, after having made quite a few posts myself i don’t pop up on anyone’s most liked or most hated lists for anything. I feel like such a pillow-case

You know what Atlas did, with the weight of the world pressing down on his shoulders, his blood running over his chest for his efforts and the world continuing to bear down without concern for his efforts? He shrugged.

Don’t feel bad, Pluto, I didn’t make the minutes either. I posted a get together thread for the entire continent of Europe and got barely any replies. I’d talk about my sex life, but I’m too shy. I would be happy to flirt with you, but only in a harmless, non-threatening manner, because after all, we love our spouses and children and would never do anything to hurt them.
BTW, I love Dorothy L. Sayers.

Doing my best to help my fellow rejects,
Tracy

Awwwww…pluto- you know I love ya! Ever since you mentioned (for no particular reason) that you wanted to have lunch with me. AND you put me in your favorite posters list…
You ROCK! I wanna have wild sex with you!
(how was that??)
Anyway, they didn’t talk about me, either…I’m taking it as a compliment :slight_smile:

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

Actually, pluto, as a fellow Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer (actually, I realize that you don’t do the mechanical thing now, but you get my drift) I find manny of your posts to be very interesting, informative, and accurate (given how much I know, anyway). Also, you seem like a pretty good guy. I’d love to have a beer with you if you ever get down to Phoenix or I get up to the Seattle area!

::sniff::

Thanks everyone. I feel better now. (Don’t stop!)

I should mention that I scored in the high 70s on the purity test so the sex life and flirting parts probably won’t really help my popularity. Look for me in the “Jokes You Still Don’t Get” thread.

BurnMeUp – I know there are more of us out there. Let’s find them and set something up!

“The departure of the church-going element had induced a more humanitarian atmosphere.”
Dorothy L. Sayers
Clouds of Witness

HELLLOOOOO!

Did I not:

1. Ask you to marry me in another thread?

2. Change my signature line in your honor?

(Okay, you just reminded me of that great quote, but still.)

:::fantasizing about pluto:::

Oooh!

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto. - Anonymous

I am new, so obviously not popular. I intend to change that by:

1. Talking about my sex life
  2. Talking more about my sex life
  3. Flirting
  4. Making Pluto my love slave.

How’s that?

Je suis le poisson dans la gare de vie!

Oops! Make that 1, 2, 3, 4. Counting, it’s easy!

If **I ** wanted to be popular **I **
would not discuss my sex life, it would make too manny people splort their drinks out their noses.

I intend to stay unpopular, alone in the corner, mocking all of you and your humping like rabbits sex lives plotting with itching powder in your sheets…Bwaaa haaa haaaaa!

Okay, Shirley, you win. How about I hint at my sex life. Like, maybe I once had sex with another woman. And a couple of times, MAYBE I had sex with more than one person. Amd maybe there was a time when I made some very vigorous love under a Christmas tree with my head wedged between a wall and an antique desk??? But maybe I’ve reformed and am now waiting for my knight in shining armor?

Maybe we should get team jackets with… We Didnt Make the Minutes embroidered on the back…

<<raises her hand to be added to the Pluto Flirt and Love in List

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

oops

raises her hand to be added to the Pluto flirt and love in list

and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Forget all of the rules about what to say. Just say anything.

kellibelkli just replies to anything she sees, randomly.

I just reply to almost anything I see, usually as a smart-ass.

Between us, we’re over 2,000 posts + and running.

And in the polularity thread, WE WERE #1 and #2!!!

And I don’t think it’s because we talk about sex. God, I hope not anyway…

Yer pal,
Satan

Hey folks, don’t you remember junior high? There was the cool table (mostly sportos and cheerleaders and such) the geek table and the table for people so uncool that they were cool. Beyond cool. Or am I just rationalizing that I didn’t date til I was 17?

“On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright…”

Popular? According to who (or is that whom?). Who gives a rats ass if you make some list or someone writes back? Don’t you really post just because you want to? If not then you should.

You have something to share or something to say. As long as you can convey that then you really shouldn’t give a crap what anyone else thinks! I’m not encouraging trolls here, they don’t have anything to say or share they just want all the negative attention they can get. But you? If people like you then hey, that’s great. If they hate you then, okay, that’s fine too. Obviously, they are reading your posts. If you think we aren’t reading you then that’s probably in your head. I read a lot of things but I don’t reply to them all. I can’t. I don’t have time. But I enjoy them none the less.

If you really think talking about your sex life will help, then by all means, post it out here. I don’t know about anyone else but sex is one of my favorite topics. So is cooking, farting and self-image (not necessarily in that order). If you need some strokes I’m willing to add mine. As I’ve said before; I really like most folks out here. I flirt with some and stay the hell away from others but overall I’m glad to be here.

Aww, come on, group hug!

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

Way to go Byzantine… i agree and join you in that group hug lol

and we can only fly by
embracing one another