SDMB shutting down: what are you going to do with your five minutes?

On most Fridays I’m asleep at 02:01 CDT.
But I’m tempted to stay up, just so I can find something to do during the outage. I wouldn’t want to miss out on such an opportunity.

I’ll think about doing some work but by the time I decide on what work to tackle, the five minutes will be over.

Maybe you could take a five minute power-nap?

Dropping the kids off at the pool.

There will be a World Cup game on at the time, right?

Same thing I do every day at noon: dress up like Judge Judy and preside over my very own court of dysfunctional stuffed animals.

Thanks to Giraffe’s post, I expect I’ll be having nightmares…

That’s just enough time to run out and buy a gift!

Me, I’ll catch up on all the housecleaning the SDMB has prevented me from doing in the last year. Or at least I’ll have five minutes to think about it.

A pox on you! There. Are. No. Gifts!

I expect I’ll ask for a better cite.

Five minutes? A couple difficult Sudoku games will fill that time easily.

Midnight, dude. Midnight.

Crap, my mistake.

You don’t even want to know what I do every day at midnight.

Let’s see, hmmmmmm… I could watch the coffeemaker make coffee. That’ll take up a couple of minutes. Then I could wash the filter basket. There’s another minute gone. That leaves me two minutes to sit in the front of the computer and join Hal in some frantic F5 key pushin’.

That sounds productive! :smiley:

Go to Great Debates and randomly insert a pun just to piss people off.

Not if it’s during the five minutes the SDMB is shut down.

Surly Chick, at least send me a free video of your dog sitting on your head.

Oh, I misunderstood the question. I thought it was during the 5 minute warning before it’s shut down.

In that case, I would spend that time thinking of puns that would piss people off.

That might be possible if I were married or had an SO to man the camcorder but, as we all know, that is not the case. And it’s hard to get to the camcorder whilst my dog is sitting on my head. So what we have here is kind of a Catch-22. Although, we are expecting “dramatic thunder storms, some severe” here tonight (or so Mr. Weatherman says) so maybe I can just set up the tripod and hope for the best…

It’s the one with the oranges, right?

Wake my husband up for a blowie. :smiley: