SDMBisms you like and enjoy for any reason.

And of course I love our resident Wise Guys especially when they are actually wise like the Good Doc here.

As you wish.

I love the silliness, the seriousness, the experts, the go-out-on-a-limb WAGs, the RO, the genuine caring, the lame jokes, the grammar nazis, the attempts at gentle guidance to the l33tspeak guests, the roasting of dipshits, bannings, acceptance, toleration, pile-ons, hugfests, recipes, critter pictures, and even the twee jackboots of the Moderators.

I’m not excited about all threads, but I’m glad they’re here for others to get worked up about and for me to find dull.

I like the semi-serious academic pursuits of silly subjects. Like Enterprise vs. Executor, or destroying the moon.

I love all the tired old jokes.

There.

I said it.

I love 'em.

I love 'em all!!!

I love the 1920s Style Death Ray, Og, the Marianas Trench just once in 1960 for 20 minutes, Hi Opal, the mythical initiation ritual, pleas for the puking smilie, Rio by Duran Duran (although I think that one was really forced), fucko off, Jack Dean Tyler, and the king of them all:

Gotcha Ya!

I love all the ones that I’ve forgotten to list here too.

They make me smile every time I see them. They make me feel a sense of belonging to a community larger than myself. One with a culture and history all its own. And if you think that’s lame, then you can just fucko off.

And cat pictures. I click on every single cat picture I come across here. And I’m not even really into cats or anything. I guess I just like SDMB cat pictures.

Yeah, yeah, community, whatever – what keeps me coming back is that at least once a day, something here makes me laugh out loud. Two minutes ago it was this – a quintessential bit of tossed-off snarkery that hits more than one target on its way to the bull’s-eye.

I love the fact that I can read something I think I know about, write something about it, be challenged by others who know more about it and resort to actually researching and learning about whatever I thought I knew until I found out that I didn’t.

Now if only we could figure out a way to turn that into a motto…

And stretch it out 35 years (and counting)…

It might take longer than we think.

My brother by a different mother silenus descrived my feeling about this place

It’s fun to hang out with people that are smarter than I am.

I love this ‘place’, because it keeps me perpetually afraid to go to an actual Dope Fest, yet can’t think of one other thing I am actually afraid of. :eek:

I love that most posters make an effort to be courteous and civil to each other while not censoring their feelings and opinions.

I love that I could ask damn near any question on the most obscure topic in the world and probably get an answer.

I love how posters genuinely care about each other and help everyone out. Be it through very good advice, a much-needed hug, or even financial support (the “sponsor my membership” thread comes to mind).

I love the in-jokes, the snark, the silly threads, the serious ones…

I love this place!

I’m just here for the food.

If nothing else, I was able to get a grown man to eat a sandwich that had been floating in his own used toilet. Not only that, his wife documented it!

That is a scary/very funny sequence of posts.

I love all the replies. Keep them coming.

Preach it brother!

I love how quick questions get answered correctly in GQ.

Example from today: Who do you contact to get a political sign for your lawn?

Food? Food? Hell, I just stopped in here to use the bathroom back in 2003 and these fuckers haven’t let me leave since.

That’s what you get for forgetting to tip the squid.

I love the tired old jokes too … I like it when people do sequences of smileys. I like puns and jokes and intelligent comments. I like great writing, and like a couple of mentioned, there is always something to make me laugh out loud (but never LOL). LOL. Whoops :stuck_out_tongue:

This morning, it was this: Dry and upright

I like that I can be a dork and not be ashamed of it. I can be a jock-dork and hang out in The Game Room swapping NFL statistics with the NFL thread crowd, or be a political dork, or a legal dork, or whatever.

It’s triffic.

Mythical my ass! I still have no feeling in my right elbow, and vaseline gives me flashbacks of calamari and an angry goat.