Senate races 2026

Haley Stevens is way, way down in the polls against El Sayed (in the MI Dem senate primary) and appears to believe the best move now is to accuse him (without a shred of evidence, IMO) of blaming Jews for everything:

Primary election is next Tues and she’s down in the polls by double digits.

Georgia GOP Senate nominee ends press conference after questions on ties to White nationalist influencer

Cowards, the lot of them.

If she wins this primary, I’m gonna have a real hard time casting a ballot for her in the general. I mean, I will, but she’s a real disingenuous piece of work. What’s with the fucking “buddy” and “bro?” Does she think it makes her sound folksy and cute? Just continues to expose herself as an all-around asshole.

Haley Stevens is a despicable human being. Can’t wait for the voters to scrape her off their shoes.

I think she’s going to lose, and I don’t think it will be close. But don’t worry about the general right now, just vote in the primary and see what happens.

The general is where we should worry, and altho I am not thrilled over Stevens, El Sayed will lose the general.

Paywalled for me, but this link should work-

This is a wild guess. No more valid than claiming Stevens will lose the general.

I am basing it on polls- so sure a guess, but not a wild one.

A Tavern Research poll conducted July 6 and 7 showed El-Sayed, the former director of the Department of Health, Human, and Veterans Services of Wayne County, leading Stevens 41 percent to 38 percent.

A Data for Progress survey sponsored by American Priorities found him ahead 54 percent to 41 percent between July 10 and 14, while a Tulchin Research poll commissioned by Fighting for Michigan PAC put him up 56 percent to 40 percent between July 13 and 15.

The only independent poll released during that period told a different story. A Glengariff Group survey commissioned by The Detroit News and WDIV-TV, conducted July 8 to 11 without a campaign or advocacy sponsor, found Stevens leading El-Sayed 48 percent to 41 percent.

The general election polling largely favors Stevens over Republican Mike Rogers. A Glengariff Group survey conducted for the Michigan Education Association and Business Leaders for Michigan found Stevens leading Rogers 47 percent to 45 percent among likely November voters, whileA Tavern Research poll conducted July 6 and 7 showed El-Sayed, the former director of the Department of Health, Human, and Veterans Services of Wayne County, leading Stevens 41 percent to 38 percent.

A Data for Progress survey sponsored by American Priorities found him ahead 54 percent to 41 percent between July 10 and 14, while a Tulchin Research poll commissioned by Fighting for Michigan PAC put him up 56 percent to 40 percent between July 13 and 15.

The only independent poll released during that period told a different story. A Glengariff Group survey commissioned by The Detroit News and WDIV-TV, conducted July 8 to 11 without a campaign or advocacy sponsor, found Stevens leading El-Sayed 48 percent to 41 percent. trailed Rogers 48 percent to 41 percent.

So, the polls indicate El Sayed is ahead of Stevens, but Stevens does better in the General.

Which makes political sense- El Sayed is far to the left, while Stevens is Center/left. Centrists do better in the General in purple areas.

Of course, no sure thing.

There have been very few general election polls so far, with mixed results, AFAICT. We’ll see how the general election goes.

Very interesting map-

It looks kinda good for Talarico and Jackson- and does indicate that El Sayed would have an edge over Rogers, so this argues against the other polls I found.

(Quote is referencing Stevens vs. Al Sayed primary in Michigan.)

Michigan voter here. And this is exactly where I am to.

I just dropped my primary ballot in a dropbox like an hour ago. I voted for Al Sayed.

I saw that tweet a couple of days ago and yeah, just absolutely disgusting. Flailing, desperate and betrays an utter lack of principles or morality.

If she’s on the ballot for the general I’ll still vote for her in November because there will be no acceptable alternative. But gah… it wouldn’t feel good.

We’ll see what happens on Tuesday.

To start an obvious bit: general election polling is tricky, especially before the primary is even done.

I’m a longtime center left run to the middle kind of guy, but this cycle I am increasingly convinced that standard middle road, establishment Dem, is not the path - change is. Not only to fire up the base but to pull the same voters who moved to Trump as a shake it up choice.

In any case assuming Al Sayed wins the primary his performance in the general will be a test case for the presidential primary theory of the case …

If you’re going to claim that El-Sayed would lose to Rogers in the general, then you really should cite a survey of El-Sayed vs. Rogers. It looks like you’ve cited surveys for everything except that.

In Minnesota, there is a race between Rep. Angie Craig and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan for Klobuchar’s senate seat. Klobuchar is likely a shoo-in for the Governor’s seat. There are a few contenders for the senate on the R-side of things, but they’re a dismal lot. On the R-side for the Governor seat we have Mike Lindell (yes, THAT guy) and a few others, including Lisa Demuth, a current state legislator who has some significant money behind her, if the relentless ads are any indication. A real horror show.

Turns out Mike Lindell is not registered to vote in Minnesota, and may not even be eligible to be Governor (have to have lived in MN for a year).
I have seen zero* Senate ads, and being in a WI market, I see mostly Tom Tiffany ads (R, running for WI Governor)
Brian
* ETA: I have seen anti-Flannigan ads on YouTube, but not in a while.

They’re on every night during the news in MN. Both Flanagan and Craig are targeted repeatedly.

Is there a thread for governors’ races?

The general election polling largely favors Stevens over Republican Mike Rogers. A Glengariff Group survey conducted for the Michigan Education Association and Business Leaders for Michigan found Stevens leading Rogers 47 percent to 45 percent among likely November voters, while El-Sayed trailed Rogers 48 percent to 41 percent.

Stevens had a slightly stronger 1.4-point lead, winning 45.1 percent support to Rogers’ 43.7 percent. El-Sayed led the poll by 1.1 points with 45.2 percent to Rogers’ 44.1 percent, according to the pollster.

But in my later post I said

“and does indicate that El Sayed would have an edge over Rogers, so this argues against the other polls I found.”

All the polls show the differences are small.

Today’s the big day in Michigan’s Senate primary. Establishment candidate and current representative Haley Stevens vs. progressive public health official Abdul El-Sayed.

I cast my vote for Abdul an hour ago.