Series you've recently watched, are now watching or have given up on

I just started OMITB as well. I see your point about Selena Gomez, but I wonder how much of that is her understated performance matched against Steve Martin in his crisp-to-where-you-can-spread-Cheez-Whiz-on-him demeanor and Martin Short whose energy is undiminished by age. I’m not entirely convinced the dynamic truly works for the long run, but I’m willing to hang in for a couple more episodes.

FWIW, there’s a thread:

Thanks for that. Nothing to add to that thread, but a good read.

I don’t think it’s a remake of the old movie as much as it is a new take on the original novel.

The first two seasons of Glee were great. Then it faltered for a season. Then it was just fucking awful, so we didn’t bother anymore.

We tried one episode of Mr Corman on apple tv ( I must be starting to sound like a shill for apple)
Written directed and starring Joseph Gordon Levitt as a 5th grade teacher trying to find happiness and meaning.

Expected a drama comedy, to be honest the first episode was relentlessly depressing, probably won’t make it to another, unless someone has and can say at least there will be some humor.

I watched the first two episodes and felt the same way. Haven’t seen the third.

I’m finally watching West Wing again. I couldn’t bear to do that for a while.

We’re two eps in with Wellington Paranormal (CW), a Waititi and Jemaine Clement production. Typical humor for them, but I fear it may get stale quickly.

I’ve been watching Person of Interest on the revamped WGN channel (it’s trying to be some sort of news thing now). Right in the middle of the 4th season, they stopped showing it. What? Why would they do that? It’s only 5 seasons and they were showing 6 episodes a week. Now I’ve got to find another way to finish it because it is an awesome show.

I’m 19 episodes in, and the jokes are pretty repetitive.

I admire your persistence. We’ve given up after four.

I’m finding How To Get Away With Murder (netflix) to be utterly unbearable in just the first 3 episodes of a six season series. Even the very awesome Viola Davis can’t save the writing which seems to be attempting a law school meets crime drama version of House. Anybody get through it?

We’ve thrown in the towel on What We Do in the Shadows. Season three seems to have been written by sniggering 13-year-olds obsessed with masturbation. It’s just not worth suffering through entire episodes for one good line.

When How To Get Away With Murder was first aired I only lasted about three or four episodes before I gave up on it.

I’ve been bingeing a YouTube channel, Miami Boat Ramps. Video and commentary at some very busy boat ramps. Every ten minute episode is a treat. Recommend highly.

So is it what it sounds like… people putting boats into and pulling them out of the water?

We’re on the 3rd of four episodes of Guilt (Masterpiece), which takes place in Scotland. Extremely well-acted and plotted, and tightly shot. Starts off a bit comedic, but just when you get settled in for that, some unexpected twists start happening that change everything. It will be fun to see how they wrap this all up in the final episode.

We watched an episode of The Kingdom , or El Reino , pretty decent political thriller . It is in Metflix and you can watch it in dubbed English, but I prefered the undubbed and subtitles. Anyway it’s a political thriller set in Argentina, an upcoming presidential election and the running mate is killed but the candidate is a religious fanatic with a cult following. There is implications that bad things have happened in a children’s home and the murder is part of cover up for the candidate. A police investigation is sidelined, internal negotiations between the candidate and the other people in power in the party and finally there is a kid on the run with someone who seems to have so odd powers.

Just one episode in but it looks good so far.

Amphibious Jeep. :laughing: