Series you've recently watched, are now watching or have given up on

Nearing the exciting finale of “Chestnut Man”. It’s been a good ride, albeit with some gaping plot holes. If you don’t like depictions of violence toward women and children, this is not for you. It’s why my wife isn’t watching with me.

We just started watching Young Wallander. So far, I like it better than any of the old “Wallander”. I recommend it.

We just finished the second season, and you’re right- it’s fantastic. And, speaking as a game developer, it’s not actually that far off from how things really work in the industry. The only thing that is completely unbelievable is how few employees they have, especially the testers. On the MMO I worked on, Elder Scrolls Online, we had a completely separate building just for QA.

Just watched Elves/Nisser. It is 6 20-25 minute episodes, so basically one movie.

Season 3 of Hanna is out on Amazon Prime. We are up to the last episode, and it’s been really good.

If you aren’t familiar, it’s about a young girl genetically enhanced and intended to be raised as an assassin, but who is spirited out of the facility as a child by one of the operatives and raised in the woods to be a hunting/tracking/fighting machne for her own defense and survival. After certain events she leaves the forest and decides to fight back.

We’ve really enjoyed all three seasons.

My wife and I just finished 14 seasons of Murdoch Mysteries.

And now have to wait for new episodes like chumps.

grrrrrrr

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve tuned back in.

Season two has just started airing in Norwege.

I’m struggling with season 3 of Hannah. It’s just. . .boring. It doesn’t help that Mireille Enos always looks like she’s constipated.

Yesterday was crap weather, so I stayed in and watched the last half season of Money Heist. I liked it, if you’ve made it this far in the series, I’d advise finishing.

That’s great news- loved that series…so weird & funny.

Help! I’m stuck watching Undercover Billionaire. :persevere:

And Granchester is over for the season. Poor Leonard.

Because I finally, almost 7 years after its release, started playing Witcher 3, I started the corresponding show on Netflix. It’s decent, though slow in places. I like the game a lot better. The show has only been on for one season, though a second one drops on the 17th of December.

I haven’t read any of the source materials.

I too watched the Witcher series due to the game, though I’ve never mustered the enthusiasm to persevere with the game frankly. Loved the TV show though, and think that ‘Wheel of Time’ on Amazon could take some pointers from it (humour, battle scenes, etc.).

I’ve been watching New Tricks on Hulu. Pleasant enough Brit mystery.

I just binge-watched both seasons of Mythic Quest (and the two specials), and highly enjoyed it.

It’s not often that you find a series that’s smart, laugh-out-loud funny, and also genuinely moving in places. The characters are more real than you usually find in sitcoms, and you gradually start to learn more about them and care more.

‘A Dark Quiet Death’ is exceptional, and so are the two unusual episodes in season 2, ‘Back Story’ and ‘Peter’. If anything, the last two are even better than DQD.

Josh Brener as the young C.W. is really a standout performance, and William Hurt and F. Murray Abraham playing off each other in ‘Peter’ is brilliant.

All in all, the series always manages to come up with the unexpected, and to keep your interest. Highly recommended.

Apple has renewed Mythic Quest for two more seasons, and I’m looking forward to them.

Amazon dropped HBO right? Now I need to figure out how to see this.

We started Jackson’s Get Back last night on Disney+. Enjoying it very much so far.

I quit watching Downton Abbey after a key character got written out in an abrupt, silly way at an inconvenient point in the plot. I felt like if they’d do it to that one, they’d do it to any of them, so there’s little point staying invested. The soapiness was getting repetitive by that point anyway.