Seriously! What are boogers made off?

All boogers start as liquid mucous, so an allergic/histaminic reaction is probably the culprit.

Either that, or all that barking.

Hello Steve.
I was only thinking the other day that bogies (aka boogers) are a thing of the past, sure when your snotty nose dries out you can hook out a bit of aneamic yellow crust while you’re waiting for the lights to change, but it used to be different.
When I was a kid in London fifty years ago a hankie ready for washing carried a fine haul of all the crap in the urban atmosphere at the time, nuggetized by drying mucus and ready to be used as building material or BBQ fuel.
My point is that maybe there is an external cause for your problem, say a nearby incinerator, cement factory or even a central heating boiler problem.
By the way Steve, try to be more polite to your fellow dopers. Sure there are some twats here, and bores too, but there are also some amusing and wise people here and they stick together, so if you slag off the people you dont like you tend to alienate the ones who seem interesting

you did well, Waverly. stay the course.

oops! sorry steve r-i didn’t pay attention enough to see that you were the originator of this thread. sorry for interfering.

Son, if you can’t take a joke, you’re in the wrong place. 'Specially when it’s funny.

I must apologise, I haven’t slept much since 1996. It puts you a bit on edge.