Share your simplest dessert recipes.

What do you make when you have to have something sweet and don’t have a lot of time and/or ingredients?

I just microwaved a Hershey bar for about 45 seconds and ate it with a spoon. Yummy.

In terms of an actual recipe I rarely make anything. We generally have upwards of 6 containers of ice cream in our freezer, and if you think I’m kidding, you can come see my freezer.

Joey

Well, I do fat modified atkins, and I don’t like the low carb ice cream, the taste is ok but the texture suffers, so I take large curd cream cheese, 1 cup, add half a packet of splenda and a dash of cinnamon, and a drop or two of pure vanilla extract. Not really ice cream, but it tastes good and is nice and cold [and gives me my potasium, calcium and whatever else is in dairy=)]

I also like lightly splenda sweetened heavy cream and either blueberries or strawberries [it would be good on any berry, but those are my favorite kinds] but that is a special treat.

A thin layer of peanut butter on cinnamon raisin toast.
Nummy.

Cut up a Baby Ruth bar into a small sauce pan. Add about 1/4 cup milk and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until everything melts, (except the peanuts, duh). If it gets too thick before melting completely, add some more milk. If it’s too thin, just wait, it’ll thicken. When it’s just melted, pour over vanilla ice cream. Instant chocolate-caramel sundae.
It is teh Yum!

Dry Gatorade eaten with a spoon. OK, it’s not the best dessert out there but if you’re dieting and it’s the only sweet thing in the apt, it’ll do.

Frozen Resse’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups.

Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a pan
add 1 tbsp brown sugar
when all is melted, add 1 banana, sliced longways or else in angled discs.

devour.

Take one large spoonful of peanut butter (your choice of chunky or creamy – I won’t start that debate here, but I like chunky) and stud it throughly with chocolate chips. Eat.

What Hello Again said, except with diced apple, then put it over ice cream.

Melt Mars Bars, use them instead of marshmallows in rice crispy squares
if your energetic melt plain chocolate to drizzle on top.

If you are really energetic
take one can of pie filling (pick a flavor, any flavor) add one can of pineapple
spread on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle Vanilla cake mix on top. cut up butter put on top of that, bake until bubbly.

I eat chocolate chips by the handful, just by themselves.

I do that too, but had to cut back when it nearly started a revolution in the house.

Another favorite is to take those vanilla/strawberry/chocolate wafer sandwich cookies and scoop whipped topping out of the tub with them. You can have my CoolWhip when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Cinnamon toast. Buttered toast with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on it.

Instant pudding. Sugar-free chocolate for me.

i’m too lazy to do any of these.

when i need a dessert fix, i request a pail of ice cream soup from my mother, which isn’t ice cream nor soup. it’s actually noodles stewed in sour cherries and poured on top of ice cream.

Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (you have to do this carefully, every 20 seconds or so give them a stir so they don’t burn and just continue until done. Doesn’t take that long)

Dunk in pretzels or salted potato chips.

Banana boats are good too. Slice part of a banana open, lengthwise along the inner bend. Scoop out a bit of banana, dump in chocolate chips and marshmallows and cover with the piece of peel you took off before. Bake until it’s melted and eat with a spoon. Yum!

When I was a kid we used to spread frosting (leftover or otherwise) on graham crackers to make our own sandwich cookies.

You could always just eat a bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs With Marshmallows (or the equivalent) with milk.

They’re kind of bland until you put sugar on them.

I like angel food cake with peaches, cherries, or strawberries on top. Assuming, that is, that you have angel food cake and fruit on hand.

Bananas and custard. Slice the bejeezers out of a 'narna and drown it in sotre-bought custard (hot or cold as you like it).

Even simpler - sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey.

Frozen berries*, plopped into a ziplock bag with some Splenda. Eat with spoon.

• except strawberries; they’re usually huge and bland

Frozen Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies