Shocking list of terrorist sympathizers!

Why? G. Gordon Liddy was a crook, and he’s lauded by plenty of Republicans. Nobody says boo. Liddy never bombed anything, but he planned to.

What’s your point?
Incidentally, the whole “Willie Horton” thing also started in the Democratic primaries. Months later, the Republicans picked it up and ran with it, reinforcing some misconceptions about the issue and generally trying to hit America’s collective panic button.

Cite

Do you have a cite that confirms that Willie Horton, rather than the furlough program more generally, was brought up before Bush brought it up?

Known evolutionists! And terrorists. Evo-terrorists, I call them.

Well, I said “the whole ‘Willie Horton’ thing”, actually, meaning a reference to overall furlough issue.

When Obama met Ayers he was
English professor at Univ. of Ill.
Had title Distinguished Professor
He edited and wrote many books on education theory and practice
He worked with Mayor Daly on the school reform project
He was one of 3 authors of the Annenberg Challenge which used a 49.2 million dollar grant for public school reform.
since 1999 on the Board of Directors of the Woods Fund working on anti poverty and philanthropic foundations
If you went to Chicago to be a political and educational organizer, Ayers would be a person you would hope would assist you. You would welcome his knowledge and help.
Although it is probably true that Obama flew in from Hawaii when he was 8 to set off bombs with the Weatherman.
Unrepentant, He said he wishes they had done more to stop the war in Viet Nam because it took too long to end it. If that is unrepentant ,so am I.

I don’t know that associating him with Daly does him any favors. Though, at least you didn’t associate him with an Illinois Governor.

How many people did Ayers kill again?

Three of his friends got killed in the townhouse explosion in 1970, including his girlfriend at the time, Diana Oughton.

So apparently John McCain belongs to an organization that has amongst its membership an alleged terrorist sympathizer. McCain’s even appeared at events with this “pal of terror,” where the two of them discussed their plans to take over the United States government.

Do we know the real John McCain? Just who the fuck is this man?

So no one got killed in any attacks that Ayers participated in.

What’s the definition of terrorist again?

The bombs they were assembling in that townhouse were to be used to attack a dance at an NCO club at Fort Dix, by most accounts. And that devotion to attacks where people weren’t in the way came after that incident, and might have easily been undone by a stray security guard, cleaning person, or a fire gone out of control.

It isn’t much of a defense of Ayers to say that someone wasn’t much of a terrorist because he was incompetent in bombmaking or because of sheer luck.

Will you say that again while wearing a Stormtrooper outfit? Do you object to high heels? Can you shout in Albanian?

-Joe

Not the same as murderer, that’s for sure.

–noun

1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
  2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
  3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
  4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

Well, the definition that has been hammered into our heads in recent years is that it’s someone who deliberately targets civilians in commiting political violence. Otherwise what we have is someone at war with the government, aka “The Problem”.

Make that was.

Here’s a question: In the past 10 years or so, how many people have done what Barak Obama is expected to have done, namely, run screaming into the night upon first encountering Bill Ayers?

I agree with this. Given his past, and his stance in his memoirs, he should have no place in academia or other positions of influence.

I suppose Obama could have spent 10 minutes of the debate trying to remember each and every time he ever saw Ayers, what they talked about, and what they each were wearing. But it was a debate, and he answered the question with a proper answer, little to no contact. If you want to hang your hat on the fact that Obama didn’t, during the debate, recount each and every time he and Ayers were in the same room, have at it. I’m sure that’s a HUGE error to you. Sure Obama downplayed the association, just as McCain does with Hagee, the Keating 5, Abramhoff, or Renzi. It’s what politicians do.

But THAT is the extent of a point you can make about it. The right wing talking points about Obama “launching” his political career at Ayer’s home; that Ayers’ was somehow a big-wig in charge of radicalization of the Annenberg Challenge in Chicago, or that Obama somehow found Ayer’s actions anything less than reprehensible is complete and utter bullshit. But it’s bullshit that many on the right seem to have embraced and regurgitated ad nauseum to try and smear Obama.

You’re promoting unrestrained violins, then?