Should i dump my girlfirend

And set yourself free.
Honestly, 3 years with someone you dislike this much? And she wants a ring? God, I hate humans…

You’ve been very clever. I just hope twickster doesn’t realize it’s you.

Dump her, but first, make her give you back your Shift key.

In situations like this, I remember the words of wisdom as uttered by Robert DeNiro in Ronin.

Walk away and try to learn something from the relationship.

Burn the Witch!!

Amen brother! Why should yedi get off easy?

Quitcher whinin’ and marry the girl! You hear me son? It’s not all about you, you know!

If you don’t dump her, you’ll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life.

I have to agree with Bob and Cheesesteak! Of course you shouldn’t dump her, yedi! It’s patently obvious that the two of you are MADE for each other.

Ignore all those other remarks, and let’s just analyze this situation, ok?

First of all, the two of you have been dating for 3 years! THREE YEARS! That means you started dating in 2003 - a helluva year for a White Burgandy! And just like fine wine, relationships only get better and better with time! I mean think of it this way: How many couples do you know that have been together for three or more years that didn’t work out? Thought so. Clearly, the duration of the relationship is in the pro-stay together column.

Plus, you don’t want to be a quitter, now do you?

Second, so she wants an engagement and you don’t? HA HA HA! Oh you crazy kids! All young lovers bicker like that! It’s so cute and cuddly! And hey, look - she wants an engagement! That must mean she really, really loves you! Let’s call that point 2 for the pro-stay together column.

Third, look at your ages! You’re only 20. That means in 50 years you will be that happy old couple on the Today Show talking about how long you’ve been in love! You have SO much time to iron out the details - don’t wimp out now! It’s better for you to stay together and experience the world together!

Fourth, so she calls you a coward and dresses you down in front of your friends? Well, clearly this is just her way of showing that she cares about you! Trust me, yedi - marry this one! After you get married, she will do this TWICE as much - therefore caring for you TWICE as much! Plus, she will mold you into the man you are destined to become! Trust me! Don’t fall for some girl who cares about your “feelings” at the risk of making you act proper!

Fifth, that whole “I can’t stand her thing!” I mean come on! When has that ever been a reason to break up a relationship? Haven’t you ever heard “I want you back?” Don’t make the same mistake that MJ did. Never, EVER, let her get away.

So put me in the don’t break up with her category.

I’ve developed a diabolical little prejudice, and I am here to admit it. That’s the first step to conquering it, right?

I’ve found that I can pick a guest just from reading the thread title. It makes me hostile. It makes me take them less than seriously and respond with a completely off the wall assholish answer.

The only thing that balances my hostility is the pleasant surprise the “Guest” label is when I read something unexpected. A good example of surprising guests are gabriela and Oakminster.

I’m trying to be good, but I’m failing.

That said, yedi, if you aren’t happy, you’re making her miserable, too. Go on in separate ways. Someday she’ll thank you for it.

Write some MySpace poetry and invest in an ankh necklace while you’re at it.

sigh
It even makes me bitch up my coding. :smack:

First of all, your case is not interesting. Second of all, you are a coward. If you don’t have the courage to “dump her”, as you so eloquently put it, even though you “can’t stand her”, who do you think is getting the short end of the stick here? Do her the favor, not yourself, and break up with her.

You just typed that you cannot stand her; nothing more need be said.

You make her sound so great. How could you posssibly question the decision to dump her?

Hummm…

Let me guess, you’ve never had sex with any person besides her.

Is that you, Hunny-Bunny? Ha ha. You can run but you can’t hide! You’re so cute and irresistable when you act like you hate me!
XOXOXXX!!! (You wanna know how I guessed? yedi=big foot, and big feet=big you-know-what! teeheeeheehhee!!!)

Seriously, it sounds like it’s time to move on and learn who you are.

That was my first thought. Then I read Doctor Who’s post and now I’m on the fence.
Yedi, you have to answer the tough questions:
If you go there will be trouble?

And if you stay it will be double?

You don’t fool me! Your sentences are statements in questions’ clothing. I mean wool. I mean…er…well…fuck.

Run like hell and don’t look back.

She obviously deserves someone far better than you, so dump her in a cruel, horrible way (time things so she walks in on you doing her sister/cat/favorite teddy bear, for example) so that she never, ever has any interest in someone like you again. In fact, if she doesn’t turn into a lipstick lesbian, you haven’t completely succeeded at the full task.

Um… what? Who is she? And why would she get her? Is it bad that she would get her if you dump her?
This is the intersting part, maybe?

Demons, gotta be demons…