Show us your latest project

[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
Wow. That is impressive! How long did that take, all told?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I started working on it six months ago. I haven’t done anything on it for about a month, but now that I have the rest of my thread and the end is in sight I really want it finished!

FordPrefect, I like your bookshelves. My husband is building a wall of shelves for our study - here they are in-progress, and here they’re nearly done.

Everything here is beautiful! The only crafting I really do is cross-stitch - my latest is HMS Victory.

My new short will screen at the Lil Film Fest tomorrow at 2.

[QUOTE=Eleanor of Aquitaine]
FordPrefect, I like your bookshelves. My husband is building a wall of shelves for our study
[/QUOTE]

Now we’re talking! Those are nice shelves! But will your total cost be under $400? I think not… :smack:

Damn, makes me wish I had a much bigger budget for my project…

What wood did he use?

[QUOTE=picunurse]

OpalCat, I’m always floored by your talent. I’m a crafter, you’re an artist!
[/QUOTE]

Aww thanks! If you ever get bored, the full gallery is here: http://gallery.opalcat.com/gallery/Art

I don’t have a more recent clip, but this is another project of mine… learning to pass 7 clubs. That clip is from last year–I’ve gotten better this year, but have no video of it. (The guy in the clip is my boyfriend)

I’m going to build a boat.

I can’t show you at the moment, because my home internet connection is knackered and I can’t update my website.

[sub]Also, I don’t have very much to show for my efforts at the moment[/sub]

[QUOTE=FordPrefect]
What wood did he use?
[/QUOTE]
He says it’s Aspen and Birch plywood. The original plan came from a Family Handyman magazine.

I just had to post a photo of this , because I’m so happy with the way its turning out.

I made the toggle in a silver art clay class a couple of weeks ago, and when I started working on the necklace, it become obvious that the bar of the toggle was really too short to do the job. I was seriously bummed but since I’m going to be taking another art clay class in May, I figured I’d set it aside until then and rework the toggle during the class.

Then I had a blinding flash of inspiration – using an embellished plastic lizard as the toggle bar!

Here’s the Harry Potter mural (Hogwarts in a closet–it’s the Cupboard Under the Stairs) that I finished last year. That was my last painting project. I’ve got a two-year-old now who makes such things rather more difficult.

Lately I’ve been designing digital scrapbook kits. Here’s the last one I finished: Year of the Pig, and links to some things that other people have done with it.

Ford, I see the Harry Potter books on your shelves!

picnurse, your links aren’t working anymore.

Helena, that’s awesome! But a closet? I’d have it on the biggest wall in my house. It’s gorgeous.

Everybody says that. :slight_smile: But the whole point was that it’s the Cupboard Under the Stairs (it’s pretty big, for a closet) and it’s a little playroom for the grandkids. Actually I haven’t been out there since I finished the mural, so I’ll have to go see how she’s got it fixed up now.

I don’t have personal pictures because the kitten ate my USB cord to download pictures, but I can link to the original patterns.

Sheldon started for a friend’s baby born two days ago (Natalie Caroline) and Elly’s Dragon (which I don’t call Norberta because it annoys me) in yellow and red for another baby (Elizabeth Irena) born back in October. Another one of these is in the works for a baby due this summer.

Also, Bobbi for yet ANOTHER baby born last week. (James Anthony).

I think I’m at “that age”.

[QUOTE=Red Barchetta]
picnurse, your links aren’t working anymore.
[/QUOTE]

This is the Fairie and this is the nude

Here’s the whole PhotoBucket page.

I was stupid and moved some of them around, sorry.

You have a sharp eye, Helena :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=freckafree]
I just had to post a photo of this , because I’m so happy with the way its turning out.

I made the toggle in a silver art clay class a couple of weeks ago, and when I started working on the necklace, it become obvious that the bar of the toggle was really too short to do the job. I was seriously bummed but since I’m going to be taking another art clay class in May, I figured I’d set it aside until then and rework the toggle during the class.

Then I had a blinding flash of inspiration – using an embellished plastic lizard as the toggle bar!
[/QUOTE]

Very cool! The colors are beautiful!

I posted this on another thread last week, but I’m so glad to be done with it that here it is again: baby blanket for a coworker’s baby, who may have by now made his appearance.

OK, I still don’t have very much tangible progress, but here is my boat project.

I just finished a hat and scarf of my own design. I have to get off my lazy butt and write up the pattern notes into something useful.

And last week I finally got my act together to do a beading project I’ve been contemplating for a while.

This isn’t new, but it’s dear to me because my basketmaking teacher designed it for me to make, and named it the Gwendolen Tote. :slight_smile:

Here is a lap robe size top I still have to quilt. The fabrics came as a packet so I just made it simple to show them off.

This is my current quilting. I made it to use up foliage scraps I had. I had to add the lizardy panel to make it long enough for the very tall pal it’s going to.