Shut up, SHUT UP, *SHUT UP* and MOVE ON!

Don’t look at me.

I was a Nader supporter :smiley:
::runs from the flailing arms of andry Dems::

As well as the topic of UFOs, crop circles and the like.

Spoofe Bo Diddley said: This has nothing to do with “democracy” and everything to do with repetition. While I know that you still suffer from the delusion that Gore is the perfect example of human achievement and he got the bum’s rush last year, the rest of the world (for the most part) is smart enough to face the facts.

Wha—? Who (besides maybe Tipper) thinks of Al Gore as anything close to the perfect example of human achievement? Most of those who voted for Gore in 2000 (including myself) had little more than tepid support for the man. And… the “bum’s rush”? How do you figure? It’s not like Gore lost by a landslide. In fact, with the popular vote in his corner, it’s more like most of the guests at the party didn’t want him to leave. I’d say you are having some trouble facing facts, Spoofe.
Spoofe also said: Repeating “Bush stole the election” a hundred times doesn’t make it any more true.

You’re correct: anyone who’s saying this can’t make it any more true. Bush did steal the election, and that truth ain’t getting any truer.
**Espirix—**I accept that Bush is the president of the United States, and I sure as hell am not happy about it. I promise I’ll stop calling him an illegitimate pretender to the Oval Office in good time. I figure some time in January 2005 should be about right (unless he still has the Supreme Court in his pocket.)

Also: slavery was wrong. But I guess I’d better get over that, too, huh?

Hey jab1,

I found 44 threads containing the word “homosexual” in the title, 7 with 2001 dates.

I found 22 threads containing UFO in the title, 2 with 2001 dates.

Well, we could use a few thousand more discussions in which nonbelievers and Christians make rude gestures at each other.

Two points:

1. It is likely that the Democrats see a tactical advantage in keeping election feelings riled up, to keep the Party Faithful primed for future political and election battles. (I have not seen much Republican gloating, other than in direct response to Democrat complaining).

2. Had Gore prevailed in his post-election challenges, I think the Republicans would have harped about it even more.

I don’t agree. I don’t think that either of the “big two” heard a word you said. Nor will they any time soon.

And how about that media-sponsored recount of 10,000 or so ballots in Florida? They came up with only 49 for Gore, leaving about 9951 for Bush, meaning that they would not have secured Florida for Gore as had been hoped.

To paraphrase Dennis Miller, if Bush lowers my tax bracket, erases the marriage penalty and saves my parents’ leftover dough from the estate tax, not only will I vote for him next time, I’ll LOBBY for him. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Speaking as a Republican, I’d like to say to everyone who voted for Nader because they didn’t like Gore – we heard you, and we thank you for it.

Jodi:
It was my pleasure.
:slight_smile:

The thread started about this tidbit, of course, was the reason I started this thread. And so, I say unto you… Shut up, SHUT UP, SHUT UP and MOVE ON!

Thank you.

Esprix

Um, they found 49 net votes for Gore. Not enough for him to win, but far, far different than what you’re saying.

There you see the problem, Esprix. The Republicans keep dangling incredibly stupid crap like this, and us Democrats can’t resist the urge to move in for a kill. Maybe if some Repub posters actually got some real facts about some real issues, it would finally die down.

I, too, am a Democrat, and lo I say verily unto you as well… Shut up, SHUT UP, SHUT UP and MOVE ON!

Perhaps if I said shut the fuck up people would understand me? I can’t imagine how this is getting lost in the translation…

Thank you.

Esprix

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Esprix *
**Bush is the president now. Nothing is going to change that. So;
Well, I for one WILL NEVER STOP GLOATING!!!

I will also never cease to remind you Clinton-lovers about your incredibly poor judgement.

Yeah, 'cause you’re a fucking asshole. If I were Republican, I’d completely disassociate myself from you - you’re a bad example of humanity, let alone of the conservative agenda.

:rolleyes:

Esprix

49"net" votes?
Boy they’ll stack the deck any which way…
next they’ll have ropes voting…

I’m with Esprix on this one. In the words of Mr. Burton, my high school Chemistry teacher (as I was crying over being dumped by my boyfriend): “Darlin’, there’s no sense crying over something you can’t change. You’re just wasting good energy.”

OK, ordinarily I stay outta stuff like this, but I’ve been drinking… so:

I’m a republican (as the better choice of two VERY FUCKING poor choices!): Do I like George W. Bush? NO!! I fucking HATE him! He’s an idiot! Why couldn’t they have put someone more deserving/qualified to run the US up for election?

As I’m not privvy to the conspiracies engendered by the Free Masons and other such groups, I can’t answer that…:slight_smile:

However, HEAR! HEAR! To Esprix!

FUCKING GET OVER IT! Do you hear me? IT’s OVER! FOR GOOD OR BAD IT’S FUCKING OVER!!!

Let’s all just get together, join hands, and pray that #1: the Clintons will go away, and #2: G.W. Bush doesn’t fuck things up too badly! and #3: NEXT time, someone worth electing will be allowed to run!!

Dude, drinking and modeming don’t mix. I’m flagging your ISP, man. Somebody call this guy a DSL!

Esprix

You actually said that? Man, are you in la-la land! Go on, show me how he did it. Point to one piece of evidence… Oh, wait, all the evidence is in your own head.

Gah, If you’ve a position to support, you don’t support it by looking like a paranoid, knee-jerk reactionary. Or maybe you do.

Note: I don’t support EITHER of those losers, even though, in the end, I voted for one of them: No vote==No right to bitch. I wish their respective supporters could come up with some provable @#$%@! FACTS!*