Shut up, SHUT UP, *SHUT UP* and MOVE ON!

Which is more attention than UFOs deserve. Homosexuality exists, but there is not enough good evidence for the existence of alien visitation to fill a shoe box.

(I may take a long time, but I DO try to respond!)

Today one of my co-workers came up with an interview on the BBC with an “investigative reporter” who says the Secretary of State purged thousands of Democratic voters from the registration rolls, using a private database management company, under the pretense that these voters were felons who hadn’t had their voting rights correctly revoked.

Here’s the exchange between the reporter and the interviewer:

GREG PALAST:
Well what I found was that the State of Florida – Katherine Harris’s [sp?] office, under the direction of Governor Jeb Bush ordered the removal of 64 thousand names using - they used the computer system to find 64 thousand people who were supposedly felons. About half of these people were African-American but almost none of them were felons.
So you had several thousand people – probably tens of thousands of people – barred from voting in the November election.

Okay, so this guy is some kind of hotshot investigative reporter with irrefutable damning evidence… but he can’t keep orders of magnitude straight?

I recall from regular old news sources that a search was run of the voter rolls, completely a well-regulated thing, to purge them of people who had left the country, died, or had their voting priveleges revoked (i.e. felons). Clearly it didn’t work; I read several interviews with ex-cons who voted and talked to reporters afterward about the mix-up.

But this guy can’t find one disenfranchised black democrat to talk to him.

Whoosh. The only mystery of this election is Justice Scalia’s wierd deadline leapfrog.

Other than that; GET OVER IT and try to put a guy with a brain in the white house in four years. Maybe scout around for one with some ethics.

[sup]Moi had always heard that you attract more posters with honey than with vinegar until she stumbled into the SDMB. Now, having seen this thread, she confirms that up is down and left is right.[/sup]

Sorry, Esprix, instead of a chorus of me, toos, you have instead enabled yet another thread about the election. :rolleyes:

(On second thought, maybe this is a Grand Scheme, where all these posters, having congregated into one place, will be shot into space? :crossing fingers: )

Perhaps Superman can round them all up like he did those nuclear weapons and hurl them into the sun.

One can only hope…

Esprix

As long as he doesn’t go around the earth backwards really fast, thereby reversing time and making us go through the election again.

It was really a nefarious scheme on Esprix’s part to stir up doubt about the election, by the subtle device of a contra-position post that people will then argue against, as happens all the time in the Pit – and therefore in favor of the issue he hoped to get support for. (It’s all part of the Gay Agenda ™.)

:smiley: