Simpsons 5/12

Otto sounds like a student of the D’oh of Homer

(which is actually a pretty interesting, if you’re into that kind of thing)

“Ahhhhh! Owowowowowowowowowowowow! Not the GOOD cheek”

I salute you on your in-depth ananlysis.

Favorite Homer Quote: “I guess it’s true what they say: ‘Some people never change’. Or rather, quickly change and then quickly change back again.”

So true… So true…

So how was it okay for him to come out of the bubble in the end of the episode?

He stopped being contagious after a week.

I’m just glad there was a Lisa episode that didn’t involve an element of sanctimony. It’s been a long time.

But waitasec; Lisa needed an extracurricular physical activity to pass gym? Wasn’t that the reason she became a hockey goalie?

I loved it. I also think Lisa should wear the beret more often-she looked tres chic.

Of course, it’s not often that they do follow storyline, such as Bryan Ekers pointed out. I mean, didn’t Lisa pass the 2nd grade when she got out of military school? And of course there’s the episode(s?) when they start summer vacation. I remember Bart got F’s, so he couldn’t go to Kamp Krusty. Never look for continuity!

Referring to the bubble, if Bart truly was contagious Homer wouldn’t have opened it to give him food, water, etc.

You mean they went to Kamp Krusty the same summer they had the pool in the backyard and Bart broke his leg? Gosh!

Yes, I know, no continuity. I wonder if they were tempted to have Comic Book Guy wander through and start nitpicking again.

Nevertheless, Simpsons remains one of the best shows on TV.

Well, finally a good episode. I’ve noticed something about the older episodes, which were good, and most of the ones from the last two seasons, which have been terrible. In the older ones it’s like the plot is divided into segments. For example, in this week’s episode (which was good) it has Lisa in gymnastics, Bart and Grampa at Krusty Burger, Bart at the hospital, Lisa meeting the college people, Lisa at the college class, Bart in the bubble defending the nerd, Lisa alientating all her friends, then Lisa in the bubble winning them all back.
However, in an episode like the one where Bart was drawing Angry Dad, all it had was Bart learning to draw, Bart at the comic shop trying to sell it, Bart at the internet company putting the strip online, Homer trying not to get angry anymore, Bart stops drawing the strip, THE END.
It just seems to me like they weren’t trying for a long time, but now have gotten back in gear, hopefully for more than one episode.

yEAH AND iF MEMORY SERVES THEY ADDRESS THAT BY HAVING HOCKEY EQUIPMENT IN THE ACKGROUND IN ONE SCENE… THEN AGAIN MY MEMORY ISN’T…FRENCH TOAST PLEASE!

Yeah but that was years ago back when Lisa was in second grade…um…d’oh!

The two funniest part’s of Sunday’s very very funny episode were:

-Ralph wetting himself, as previously mentioned… particularly the way he’s frowning, wets himself, and then smiles.

-Homer singing Tubthumping:
"I drink a whiskey drink
I drink a chocolate drink
And when I have to pee
I use the kitchen sink

I sing the songs that remind me I’m a urinating guy"

They do repeat plots a bit. Like the gym thing, the horse plot, Homer working for Mr. Burns in some new way, with Smithers leaving for a short period of time only to return, and soon they’ll be reusing a whole entire plot! (Supposedly, they’ll do one after the season finale in which Homer becomes a vigilante in order to get back Lisa’s stolen saxaphone. AHEM. Sound familiar? :mad:)

But this one was good. “Who’s Mom?” “Uh…that’s what we call the gay guy who lives with us.” The ending left me a bit weak, but all else was alright.