Six upper, four dual

I used that formula again today, and I was wondering if any other Dopers know what I’m talking about.

No idea. Hope this helps.

:flees:

amphetamines

My first thought was the B-36 bomber, but that was “six turning, four burning.”

I know what you meant, but you used the formula incorrectly.

Yeah, I can’t believe you did the old four by two, six up. Rookie mistake.
Don’t forget the grade-school saying “Four below six, but only if the dual’s sick”.

Actually, I have no idea… do tell!

Is this denture related?

I’m going to take a wild guess…

Sleeper berths on a train?

@Son_of_a_Rich, you coming back? Or will we be guessing here for days?

I vaguely recall Stephen King mentioning something similar in the introduction to one of his short stories. I believe it had something to do with manual transmissions.

It hasn’t been a day yet. We should be a little more patient I think.

WAG: Straight 6 (cylinders) with a 4 barrel carb.

Ok, this is a pretty lame puzzle. I’ll broaden the clue a bit.

Six minutes upper, four minutes dual.

Everyone knows that six upper, four dual gives you 14k in a fgd.

= Al Traina.

I thought there was another letter in that? We never did get an answer, did we?

OK, what IS this? Is it a reference to some work of art, or a reference to something else, or is it a guessing game? I think it might be in the wrong forum.

I was told it was Cafe related. We should be OK, but we could move it to the Game Room or Thread Games if you like.

Ok, Six min. upper and four min. is the cooking instructions for chocolate chip cookies on the Pizzazz rotating pizza oven. It makes sense if you have one. Obscure to be sure, and I’ve already admitted it’s a lame puzzle.

…And Google has never heard of it, either. Which makes me suspect that the actual purpose of this thread is just to annoy people, and the proper place for that on this board is “nowhere”. If that’s not the case, then let me know, but in the meanwhile, this is closed.

EDIT: Never mind.