slackergirl is pretty darn spiffy!

I spent some time this afternoon with slackergirl talking software.

Not that you didn’t already know, but I just had to share that she’s a sweetie.

She’s the first doper I’ve met in real life.

Can’t wait to meet more of you.

Best wishes to you, S! Keep us posted on the job hunt.

Jeyen

She said that she learned a lot, not the least of which was the fact that you aren’t a guy. I thought you were a guy, too, for some reason.

Hee hee!

Um, if I was a man, it would have been hard for me to have had that tubal ligation. And I could have avoided annoying Eve. (Well, okay, I could have avoided annoyting Eve anyway. But I feel like blaming my breasteses.)

Actually, I think it’s cool that you couldn’t tell my gender from my name or posts. That’s part of the plan! :slight_smile:

Hope to meet you too sometime, Snooooopy.

Jeyen

I was concerned that you’d blast me good for revealing your gender. I mean, some people on the board keep it secret on purpose. But you don’t appear to be one of those people.

So, when are you going to get your picture on the People of the Straight Dope page so everyone can see your crimson hair and such?

Wow, I had planned to start “Jeyen is the coolest” thread for helping me out yesterday. I just crawled out of bed, I seem to have acquired a nasty bit of food poisoning. Anyway, for the record, Jeyen truly is the coolest, and quite female, (I hadn’t seen the tubal ligation post) and I have no idea what made me think she was a guy at first.

I think yesterday was probably the smallest, but most educational dopefest ever, as the basic purpose was Jeyen showed me the ins and outs of a hunk of software I need to know for the jobs I want. That alone saved me several hundred bucks I would have spent on classes and a lot of time. On top of that big favor, she also picked me up and dropped me off at the ferry, which was several miles from her home.

So again I say:

Jeyen, you are the coolest, and I look forward to buying you dinner next time we’re in the same city.

::blushes::

Happy to be of service.

Jeyen

Looks like a tie game to me. Slacker is definitely one of the good folk at these boards. It’s nice to know that she ran across another of the same.

PS: Isn’t it time for another bay area dopefest? Is there a movie coming up that we all need to see Slacker?

I’d say she’s spiffy!

She also really pretty. That Snooooopy is one lucky guy.

Awww, you guys are making me blush.

Zenster, I’m going to be out of town for the near future, once I’m back and gainfully employed I’ll issue an invite for another movie night.

And Sue, you wouldn’t be saying that if you saw me today, but thanks. You have become one of my new favorite ego-boosts!

And kids, stay away from the salmon this week. I’m going back to bed. Yuck.

I am!

I said, I am!

OK, OK, so you’ll be feeling even luckier tomorrow. :wink:

Ooooh, I want details!

Jeyen