Smilie colours

When I returned to the new boards, well, you can imagine my disappointment when I found that the muli-ethnic nature of the Smilies of the Straight Dope [sup]TM[/sup] had been reduced to a bland palid yellow :frowning:

“Had the Aryan Smilie Nation triumphed?” I wondered. “Was this some subtle plot of Opus Dei [sub](NOTE: For readers amusement, please insert own secret socity here)[/sub] to bring uniformity where there once was diversity?” In my despair I rent my tunic and feasted upon locusts…

But, I am glad to report that dissention is once again stirring the ranks of the Smilies and individuality is once again asserting itself - :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: and ;j are showing thier old hues (possibly :wink: and :wally as well, my memory is failing as I slowly teeter from this mortal coil). Join me in a hearty roar of encouragement as :slight_smile: :frowning: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: and :eek: strive to re-claim thier rightful places amongst this Rainbow Nation that is Smilie-dom!!

Gp

It worked!!

But why?? I swear that when I previewed, the latter smilies were all pale and wan…

It is a plot by someone [sub](insert name of most despised moderator here)[/sub] to make me look silly - that’s what it is!!

:mad: :o

Gp

Ah - URL=http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=108043]all is revealed …

Shows what you get for posting without reading!!!

Gp

And that shows what you get for posting without previewing :mad:

Here’s the link I was trying to post.

After reading this thread, we have concluded that you do not need any assistance in that department. :stuck_out_tongue: