The great smiley changeover!

Due to popular demand, we’re bringing back the coloured smilies from vBulletin 1.x. The change is starting now, so you might see some unexpected behaviour in the smiley list. please be patient.

##@!#@@# Couldn’t get it to work! :mad: But I’ll try again another time.

I hope it does work. These bland smilies aren’t as emotional as the old ones.

smile when you say that, bub…
(insert favorite smilie here)

[does happy dance of anticipation]
[chants to server]

Go, go, go, go…

Yippee! the old smilies had beautiful plumage!

Thanks, Arnold!

And the other mods said he was a curmudgeon! Ha!

Yeah, me too, I miss the old smilies.

Northern Piper - though I would love to take the credit, in this case TubaDiva is the one that hunted down the old smilies on the internet and suggested we put them back since there was a demand for the old colours. I still want to be known as the smiley curmudgeon.

To solve the upload problems, however, we will probably have to wait until Monday at least.

[sub]I use all of the old Ver.1 smilies on my Board…I would have mailed them to you…whimper[/sub]

:slight_smile: :frowning: :o
:smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:
:cool: :rolleyes: :mad:
:eek: :confused: ;j

Not yet, I guess, all still yellow, but I’ll check back later.

I’m curious, when they change over, will all the washed-out smilies that have already been posted transform into the colored versions, or will they stay as they are, remaining eternally as a warning to those who would do us wrong?

I think the pale smilies are more of a warning for us to get out and have some sun…

[sub]WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE! WE WANT SMASHIE!

[/SUB] ? :frowning:

:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:
:frowning: ;j
:eek: :o
:cool: :smiley:
:wink: :rolleyes:
:wally

BZZZZ!! wrong answer.

I was wondering what the references to “smashie” were all about, and now I guess I’ll have a chance to see. I’m looking forward to seeing the colored smilies… it’ll be cool!

As for “weird behavior in the smiley list” , they are more spaced out than usual… oh well.

:slight_smile: :frowning: :o :smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: ;j :wally

Guess no change is evident yet… oh well. It can always wait a day or so, before my excitement really starts to percolate within me! (yes, I write like this sometimes… don’t be afraid)

Awww, Flamsterette_X you still won’t see smashie. That was an animated smilie with a hammer from the tempboard during The Winter of our Missed Content[sup]tm[/sup]

Thank all that is good and holy.

That is brilliant. Absolutely killer.

I can in no way take credit for this. It is the genius of some doper in a thread about naming “the bad time.” If I wasn’t so lazy (and at work) I’d search it up for you. Maybe the creator will step up.

hannah