So tired of this god damned cold weather!

I never liked snow and ice but I used to enjoy the cold. Until this winter…and it just won’t go away!

Now it’s just teasing us. Last week, it was 70 in Indianapolis on Tuesday, and there was a winter storm watch for the next day! We did get some snow, and the temps dropped 40 degrees overnight. Thunderstorms as the front moved in, tons of rain before it turned to snow. Then by the end of the week it was 60 again. Today, 29 with wind chills in the teens! I am sick of this crap!

Weather related…I bought a new Buick Regal GS on Dec 31st. Needed a new car as my old one was well over 100,000 miles and I am in outside sales. Took advantage of year end deals and went with a nice Regal. I opted to go with the 20" sport rims, thinking if it snowed I would just drive my truck if need be. What I didn’t count on was one of the snowiest, coldest winters on record. Up until the first big snowstorm Jan 2nd, we hadn’t had that much snow. Then all hell broke loose. The potholes were insane. I managed to hit so many that I bent 1 rim and blew a tire, and put sidewall bulges in the other 3. Luckily I had a road hazard warranty on them. But I finally put a set of winter rims and tires on the car. I’d had enough of dodging potholes and taking my car to the tire shop.

Alright, because you are nice people, I heartily invite you all over to LA for a stay until the winter’s over. But no stealing our heat and taking it back to your igloos ;p

What I really hate is when you get a few days of springlike weather and then it goes cold again. After a rotten wet winter in England we have had several dry and sunny days with temperatures up to the high 60s. I even had my lunch in the garden on Sunday. And now it’s going to turn cold and wet again. Bah.

Yesterday was the coldest St. Patrick’s day in Ottawa in recorded history.

I hear ya. I’ve got a 10K coming up in April and I’ve only been able to train on the treadmill. It’s too damn cold out plus the sidewalks are a disaster. If I was alone I might run on the road but I run with my dog and can’t take the chance of her seeing a squirrel or something and yanking me into traffic. I mean, if I got hit by a car it’s okay because I have OHIP, but if she got hit then we’d be screwed.

Well…on St. Patrick’s Day, it was a record low of TWO degrees. And it’s hard to find a good parking spot in the malls and store lots because the snowplows have pushed huge mountains of snow in the middle and at the edges. On the other hand, the snow pack keeps melting on the 50 degree days in between the 2 degree days, so it’s not like you’re driving around at the bottom of canyons, heart in your mouth as to what might be around the next curve.

A bunch of school bands pulled out of a nearby St Patrick’s day parade because it was too cold and the condensation could seriously damage the insides of the wind instruments. (I think the high was around 20F and a low of 8F.)

Which is actually not that cold compared to what we’ve had this winter in SE Michigan, but cold enough apparently.

Right now the pattern is getting to barely above freezing every day, which melts some of the snow into filthy mud, then freezing overnight so: frozen filthy mud and icy roads in the morning. Yay. But at least the above freezing part is progress.

Today I went out in shorts and flip flops to clean out my car. It’s 35° outside. It’s a tad frustrating when just slightly over freezing starts to feel like shorts and flip flop weather.

I have to say I’m eternally grateful for my fiance’s parent’s gift of a wood-burning insert for our fireplace.

In previous winters, from November to March we normally spend about $2k on firewood and about $4k ($800/month for 5 months) on oil just to keep our house at 58°.

This winter from October to now, we have spent about $2k on firewood and about $600 on oil and our house has stayed between 65-70°. We have not purchased oil since October and we still have 1/4 tank. We didn’t even fill it in October. We only used 1/2 tank so far.

:smiley:

Go home winter, you’re drunk.

We started a remodeling project on our house back in September. It was supposed to be finished by Christmas. When we took out the loan, the lender mentioned that the construction needed to be complete within 9 months and we joked that it could never take that long.

Guess who still needs about 15% of the siding, all of the gutters, and various tidbits in the interior finished?