SoCal Dopefest?

I going to be in San Diego for business the week of June 15, but I thought about flying out that Saturday (13th) to play tourist. I would love to meet some SoCal Dopers, so I vote for June 14th.

Chiming in to join the chorus of people who aren’t volunteering to organize it.

6/14 in Costa Mesa would be great for me.

While not great, 6/14 in Costa Mesa would be fine. I can be a designated driver from the near-Glendale-L.A. area or from San Diego (not sure which one I’ll be in at the time).

6/14 is out for us. We’ll be in Sacramento that weekend.

Can’t organize, but will probably attend. Any weekend in June after the 6th is fine with me, unless it’s Father’s Day. I can’t attend 4th of July weekend because I’m already going to Anime Expo that weekend. Yard House in Costa Mesa would be fine, if I could carpool with somebody. Long Beach would be cool too, if it’s near the Blue Line station. Of course, all of this hinges on whether I can arrange child care for the Princess.

Orange County (e.g. Costa Mesa) - mhendo, silenus, Silver Tyger Girl, scout1222, Dr. Drake, Lucky 13
Long Beach - mhendo, Silver Tyger Girl, Lucky 13
Los Angeles - mhendo, Silver Tyger Girl
Pasadena - Silver Tyger Girl

Weekday
Saturday - mhendo, silenus, NAF1138, Dr. Drake, Silver Tyger Girl, Lucky 13
Sunday - mhendo, silenus, NAF1138, EJsGirl, Silver Tyger Girl, Lucky 13

Date
Saturday 13 June 2009, Lucky 13
Sunday 14 June 2009 - EJsGirl, Silver Tyger Girl, Tio Gringo, scout1222, Dr. Drake, Lucky 13
Saturday 20 June 2009 - mhendo, silenus, Silver Tyger Girl, Lucky 13
Sunday 21 June 2009 - mhendo, silenus, Silver Tyger Girl
Saturday 27 June 2009 - mhendo, silenus, NAF1138, Dr. Drake, Silver Tyger Girl, Lucky 13
Sunday 28 June 2009 - mhendo, silenus, NAF1138, Dr. Drake, Silver Tyger Girl, Lucky 13

Venue
Restaurant - mhendo, silenus, EJsGirl, Silver Tyger Girl
Bar - mhendo, silenus, Silver Tyger Girl
Coffee shop - mhendo, Silver Tyger Girl
Museum (we had a So. Cal. Dopefest many years ago at the LA County Art Museum) - mhendo, Silver Tyger Girl
Garden (e.g. Huntington Library) - mhendo, Silver Tyger Girl

So far, the top contenders are:

Orange County (e.g. Costa Mesa)

Sunday 14 June 2009
Saturday 27 June 2009
Sunday 28 June 2009

Restaurant (Yardhouse)

Some things to consider:

Sunday 21 June 2009 is Father’s Day in the USA

If we go to the Yardhouse ( http://www.yardhouse.com - warning: homepage plays music) there are other locations in Orange County.

Yardhouse Brea Brea Downtown
160 South Brea Blvd., Brea, CA 92821 Phone: (714) 529-9273

Yardhouse Costa Mesa Triangle Square
1875 Newport Boulevard. , Costa Mesa, CA 92627 Phone: (949) 642-0090

Yardhouse Newport Beach Fashion Island
849 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660 Phone: (949) 640-9273

Yardhouse Irvine Irvine Spectrum
71 Fortune Dr., Irvine, CA 92618 Phone: (949) 753-9373

Yardhouse Long Beach Shoreline Village
401 Shoreline Village Dr., Long Beach, CA 90802 Phone: (562) 628-0455

Also there are Yardhouse Restaurants in Los Angeles and Pasadena

The one in Costa Mesa is fine, but if people want to walk around the restaurant before or after the Dopefest, it is the location with the least amount of attractions surrounding it. For example, the ones in Irvine or Newport Beach are in shopping centers with many more things to see.

[never mind]

Put me down for the 14th and Long Beach also. The Long Beach Yardhouse is quite nice and is in the revitalized downtown area of Long Beach.

Yardhouse in CM, NB or Irvine would be great- yeah, the Spectrum is packed with stuff to do and see…

A little late to this party, but here are my votes to be added in case they make a difference later on.

LA or Pasadena
Saturday
20th, 27th
Restaurant/Bar

If we do the Yard house it has to be Costa Mesa with a field trip to the liquor store.
I’m open pretty much any time.

Ah yes, the pilgrimage to Hi Time Liquor off 17th Street! :cool:

Bumping for the new week.

Ooh I’d like to come! The OC is a bit far for me but I’ll probably make the drive anyway. Put me down for whatever you guys decide. Hopefully it’s not as far as the OC though :slight_smile:

Where do you live tr0ps? You might be able to find someone to carpool with.

North Hollywood.

Antinor01 lives in the same area. You can probably carpool with Rick, Antinor01, and I (if Rick says it’s ok. :wink: )

Yeah that would be great if everyone is ok with it.

If it’s on the 26th, I’ll be (hopefully) out of town. Just depends on if my boss finally decides on if I can have the time off or not. I asked for it over a month ago…