Some New Georgia Dopers?

I’ve been to Savannah, do I get double Jawjuh points?

Yikes! I forgot GMR in that list up thar! Sorry!

And I’ve been to Tybee Island. so if GMR gets dubbles, then I want some too! :smiley:

Quas’

Alpharetta doper checkin’ in here! :smiley:

Welcome to uh, both of ya! :smiley:

So how many of you play guitar or another instrument?

(Y’all had to see that one comin’!:D)

Q

I played acoustic and electric for a while. I play the bass now. Got a pretty blue Yamaha sitting within arm’s reach.

Oooh, and I drove to Tybee too. Triple points!

We live in Savannah. We being Sulamith and myself with our two sons.

We got back from Tybee a little while ago. Went to see the fireworks for our anniversary. Testyson#1 and Testyson#2 loved it. I didn’t know they could do shapes like stars and hearts with fireworks. Waaay cool.

GMR: Don’t know where your Dojo is, but I play a Takamine Jasmine accoustic/electric, a Galveston accoustic/electric bass, and an Ibanez Artcore archtop, and guess what? They’re all blue! :smiley:

I’m probably not in your league (still learning) but if you’re ever in my neck o’ the woods, I invite you to come over and pick a little. Maybe you can show me some stuff!

Q

Welcome Testacleaz! How they hangin’, dood? I love the nick! :wink:

I love Tybee, but boy they sure charge a bunch for their B&B’s don’t they?

Rode your bike trail (near the Fort) and really enjoyed it. Welcome to SDMB, BTW!

Okay, folks! What about a meet? Looks like we got at least 2 pickers for entertainment. Let’s give it some thought, okay?:wink:

Quasi

Not in my league? I suck, dude. I just like to make noise on my bass.

I drive through Georgia a few times a year because my SO lives in Athens–well, currently in Alpharetta.

But I am most certainly a BamaDoper.

Hey guys! SO Ryujin tells me we’re having a Dopefest here in Georgia.

Labdad, if you’re buying at the Brick Store, I’ll take a Trappist ale. They got rid of La Trappe, but they have a new one now.

Labdad: Now you got two of us to buy a round for!

Welcome carrot!:slight_smile:

Morelin: Welcome, and stay tuned. A Dopefest is still way, way, in the pre-planning stage! :wink:
And GMR, so I guess we both suck, huh? Maybe we can be the Milli Vanilli of bass guitarists! :smiley:

Q

As long as we get the dreadlocks, count me in!

Y’all know how to tell where a rich boy from Georgia lives?

There’s TWO cars up on blocks in his front yard…:smiley:
Ducks and Swims back across the Chattahooche River

Georgia Tech checking in, I’ve been on the list for a while I’m just not very active. I’m in Orlando until August then I’ll return to the city I love, Atlanta.

Ronin

You know the only good thing that comes out of Georgia?

I-85

:smiley:

I lived in Augusta for six years, until this January. You couldn’t pay me to go back, but a former Georgia Doper checking in here anyway.

I WILL be in Atlanta for DragonCon, but this year I’m flying in. Yay, no worries about finding a parking space!

Check your e-mail, good buddy!

(And we can add my 1980 Gibson J45 to the guitar mix)

I play guitar - gots me a Takamine acoustic - but I pretty much stick to folk and light classical, and I usta do sing-along stuff. I play accordion too, sorta, but it’s not something I’m proud of…