Some New Georgia Dopers?

looks around

Looks like we got some foreign invaders. Still, it’s just Alabama and South Carolina. They’re hardly even states…

Like FairyChatMom, I play a little acoustic guitar (strummed chords and a little fingerpicking.) I play the fiddle (badly) and piano (enough to get by!)

Lyllyan, that’s me waving back from Duluth! We just got back from the Peachtree Road Race (my S.O. ran, I just cheered.) Only bad thing was the car had a flat tire when we got back, but I’m an experienced tire changer, so that was no real biggy either!

Happy 4th of July!

Yeah, I left Atlanta a year ago August 3 after about 2.5 years there - I admit to being glad to leave, and I know that it’s one of the places I won’t be looking for a job come next spring.

I do make it back occasionally to see friends, and it’s not a bad place, if I’m just visiting.

I have a 5 string blue grass that I never learned how to play. But I can hum dueling banjos!

I’ve been trying to leave Atlanta (Norcross) for 3 years now, but I’m finding the escape difficult. I’m originally from Ft. Lauderdale and I’d like to get back to the water…Ohhh sugar daddy???

E-mail answered, Labdad. I also took a look at your guitar on the Musicians Friendwebsite. Hoowhee! That is one expensive lady! You sure you wanna take her out of the house? :wink:

You’re more than welcome to play one of mine if you want. They may not be as high-maintenance as yours, but they wanna be played and tend to get jealous if I spend too much time with any one of their “sisters”.:smiley:

Q

Kewl, a Georgia thread! Native Atlantan here currently in Nashvegas. Dekalb County! I grew up in the E. Atlanta/Decatur area and lived in Stone Mountain, Roswell and Mayretta as well. Tons of kinfolk down there.

i’m an ATL native myself, although not new, but i don’t post much.

OTP - outside the perimeter, east cobb, near marietta.

so, hotlanta-fest? anyone want to start a thread. i have to work next weekend, how bout the 19th?

jwhee: Pleased to meet you, and yeah, let’s go ahead and start a separate thread for a get-together. The 19th is a little soon for me, and it’s my weekend to work. I suggest we give everybody a month’s notice ate least, whatcha think?

Hey japatlgt! :smiley:

Quasi

august 9th maybe? i gotta work the two weekends after that…

Live in Lilburn, work in Duluth.

Quasimodem ,I will gladly buy you a beer if you can do something about the weather. I want some sunshine, damn it!

BTW, if anyone knows of any good used book stores in the Atlanta area please post their information.

Carcosa, looks like we’re SOL for the next few days, sorry! :smiley:

The Georgia Dopefest Thread is here, BTW:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?postid=3664808#post3664808

Y’all take a look and check your datebooks! :wink:

Q

Atlanta Book Exchange
1000 N Highland Ave NE
Atlanta, GA
404-872-2665

It’s one of the best kind: A house stuffed full of used books. They even had a pretty decent SFF selection when I went.

Thanks,GMRyujin. I’ll make plans to check it out within the next few weeks.