Some websites load..others don't

I’m running IE 6.0 on Windows XP on cable internet and I’m finding some websites that will almost load (mostly the screen is blank and the bottom green loading bars are all but one from full). I downloaded Mozilla and it’s having the same problem with the same webistes. (Straightdope, google, yahoo are all working just fine). I still have AOL for broadband for the last couple days and popped the website address in there and that loaded the whole page normally. On top of that, I can’t get the Amazing Race clips on CBS.com to work either and get a time out error from real player. So now I’m really confused. Any ideas?
(Here’s one website that doesn’t work).

Thanks!

That sire works for me using Firefox 0.9.2, IE 6.0, and Opera 7.23.

Are you using a firewall? If so, you may want to check your settings.

Nope, no firewall… as a matter of fact. I decided maybe I oughta put one up today (yes, I am that stupid for running my computer 24/7 w/o a firewall).

Did you try to re-load? I have had some sites lately that kind of “half load” and then stop. Usually when I hit the re-load button it will work. I think the web gets a headache some days and drops packets.

Who is your cable provider?

I’ve been having a similar problem tonight. Took several tries to load the SDMB and other websites. WinXP, IE6 on Comcast cable

You can see we had a blip:

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm

Yup, good ol’ Comcast Cable here. I think I must’ve monkeyed with the settings sometime in the last month. On a lark, I did a system restored back to the beginning of August and after that, all the websites are loading fine now.
I think I deserve to :wally myself for that since I don’t know how I screwed it up.