Soprano's credit: Marie Donato 2 to 5/7 to 9

This strange credit appears after some Soprano’s episodes (one such is #31). What is “2 to 5/7 to 9”, a character’s name? I have searched for Marie Donato and get some hits on this person joining show, but no mention of her character’s name. The http://www.imdb.com listing for the show does not have a credit for her. The strangeness of the “character name” was making me wonder if this is some sort of “Alan Smithee” thing.

Didn’t find an answer (I’m sorry to say the Sopranos message board at hbo.com is not searchable), but here’s some background info:

I’m sorry, I meant to make clear that the background information was intended for other posters who might have info to offer. I did see in the OP where you probably came across this info yourself. :slight_smile:

The page on the HBO site for Episode 31 gives the role as “2To5/7To9”. But the page for Episode 28 gives it as “2To4/7To9”.

The plot thickens…

I have no “proof” to offer, just hearsay. But a co-worker of mine, who’s a HUGE Sopranos’ fan (has a picture of a bunch of cast members, autographed by a dozen or so actors), told me a story that a “regular person off the street” got a bit part in the Sopranos, playing “Johnny Sack’s wife”.

I don’t recall offhand, and don’t have the episodes on tape: did the character in question appear on these two episodes? I only recall one reference to the wife: where Tony questions Johnny Sack on why Sack moved to Jersey and didn’t tell Tony. Sack’s response was that he did so because the wife wanted it (I don’t recall if the wife made an on screen appearance, though)

I do note that the Johnny Sack character appeared in both episodes where Ms. Donato guests. So maybe that’s something.

I watched a bunch of Sopranos episodes on Friday trying to help with this question.

That’s a good lead, DRY but I don’t think it will play out. Johnny Sack’s wife makes an appearance in “He Is Risen,” but there is no credit for the mystery character given on that episode. I don’t remember the wife appearing at all in episode 31. In fact I watched 31 with what I like to think of as my thinking cap on and my eyes wide, but I didn’t see a single speaking role I couldn’t identify or any prominent non-speaking roles. I’m frankly befuddled at this point. I haven’t reviewed episode 28 yet, but I expect that to be full of people I don’t recognize, what with the funeral and all. :slight_smile:

Just finished watching episode 28. The only person with a significant role who I didn’t recognize is the lady in the wheelchair, who is identified both in the dialogue and the credits as “Fanny.”

Still at a loss.

KneadToKnow, if you really, well, you know, then try writing the guy on this page:

http://www.jeffreywernick.com/index.html

(there’s an e-mail link on the right side of the page, 2/3 of the way down)

maybe we could e-mail the guy who runs the web site mentioned and ask him. If somebody does (I will wait a while before doing it since someone may already have), notify this thread so we don’t ask multiple times

That sounds like a good idea, djbdjb. I’ll leave that honor to you, as you are the OP, after all. :slight_smile:

One thing to note, though: as Wernick says on his home page, he’s on hiatus, so it may be a while before he gets around to answering.

Well I submitted our question to JW. I’m not sure what kind of answer we will get. As I look more closely at that site, I am starting to doubt that JW is a real person. Could JW be a character who appears on a TV show that Tony and others watch on the Soprano’s? I remember one such scene, but my memory does not match the screen shot (of a news desk) shown at http://www.jeffreywernick.com/cmp/about_bio.html

Welcome to the wonderful world of satire, where one never knows. :slight_smile:

OK, I’m going to throw out my WAG.

I think it refers to viewing hours at a funeral home.

I believe this is correct (that Wernicke is a character). However, I’m guessing that the website is, in fact, run by a dedicated Sopranos fan, so we may yet get an answer. (Frankly, if I were running a Sopranos website, I’d rather call myself “Paulie Walnuts” or “Christoper Moltisanti” than Jeffery Wernick, but to each his own.)

By the way, this site is where I got an answer about the “stugats” question from awhile back.

Finally, I’d have e-mailed the guy on my own, but the problem is, the computer that I use to surf the net DOES NOT have my e-mail access. Sucks when you see something on the SDMB (or wherever) and want to e-mail someone about it.

I’m going to second SmackFu’s guess. Those are pretty standard visiting hours for a funeral home. I don’t watch the show (give me some concrete shoes and drop me in the river), but did there happen to be a funeral during the episode? Maybe she was a guest there.

(Sings along with Billy Big-Mouth Bass)
Take me to the ri-ver
Drop me in the wa-ter
(Cracks up) :smiley:

Yes, there are funerals in both episodes. That’s as good a guess as I can come up with.

By the way, I think Johnny Sack’s wife is “Ginny Sacrimoni,” but that’s a guess, too. I’m loathe to watch episode 30 again. That rape scene is just too much to bear.

I don’t know if this makes sense, since my tape collection is incomplete and I can’t look at the episodes and see for myself, but in the episodes with the “2 to 5/7 to 9” reference, were there flashbacks of Tony and/or Janice as children? If so, could “2 to 5” and “7 to 9” refer to the age range of the characters in the flashbacks, and to the actors portraying them? If not, I kind of like that “funeral parlor hours” theory.

Damn. I just checked those links and I hereby withdraw my theory. Sorry. (Blushing with embarrassment)

A WHOIS on http://www.jeffreywernick.com shows that HBO owns the domain.

She’s called that because she never misses a wake. She’s in 3 or 4 episodes. The complete breakdown can be found HERE