Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Ilythia never had sex with Lucretia.

She did. Many times. In my head :D.

Question. Did the Romans not use pronouns? Batiatus never says “AHHH!! He’s fucking me in the ass on this deal!” It’s always “AHHH!! Deal requires ass to receive cock!”

Whats this about sucking cock? Because the whiny aristocrat from the looks and sounds of him liked to receive.

I did love Batiatus’s expression. “I should spread cheeks and invite further ramming”. Damn the writers are good.

note to writers
FYI there were female gladiators or Gladiatrix. You have fucking Xena!, Old Batiatus is not beyond anything. Come on!

Batiatus told Gannicus, “if he asks you to suck his cock dry, you’ll do it.”

Speaking of the dialogue, you have to like a show where a character can say “you ask me to suck the cock that pissed on me,” and isn’t being figurative.

That’s what they did with Season 1; just showed the 1st ep as a teaser. I don’t get STARZ either, but I’ve been watching through the instant queue on Netflix.

I hope this show continues to be successful for Starz, especially via Netflix, so that other cable networks might be encouraged to try alternative a la carte distribution channels.

If I don’t want cable, but I like your programming, can’t we find some way to meet in the middle without waiting for the dvd, cablefolks? Right? Huh?

Actually, Starz hates the Netflix deal they signed, because Netflix pays them only $25 million per year. They signed that deal a few years ago, before Netflix streaming was as popular as it is now. So when the deal expires in the next year, Netflix will have to pay a lot more to continue it. The cable and broadcast networks are deathly afraid of a la carte distribution channels because it does threaten their monthly subscriber base. (They’d rather that you pay the subcription fee for Starz for the whole year even if all you want is to watch Spartacus.)

Way to kill my buzz. :frowning:

I would have canceled Starz yesterday when we redid our cable lineup, except that Spartacus is easily my favorite show on TV now. So they are getting their money.

I thought the third episode was the weakest of the season. I am unimpressed with Batiatus, Sr. He’s boring. And we already knew what would happen when Crixus would get in the arena.

Batiatus, Sr is horse meat. That look.

At last the Gods remove Cock from Fucking Ass!

Who writes this stuff? And how can I hire him/her?

It’s supposed to be five years before.

Batiatus Sr. being a giant tool was to be expected but it looks like his days are numbered.

I felt really bad for that poor slave girl. One of the things I find interesting about Batiatus Jr. and his wife are that they are almost but not quite good people. They almost always hesitate when something bad is about to happen to one of their charges because they know it is wrong but almost inevitably let it happen anyway for their own benefit.

I think that conflicted glimmer in their eyes is merely calculating the loss of coin associated with whatever the bad thing about to happen to one of their slave stock.

All in all a weak episode. The orgy was… had its moments, Ashur was superb in abetting in male rape and WTF!!!

I’m now two episodes behind and endeavor to catch up.

That was the most boring orgy ever.

Batiatus Jr. has to choose between his dad or his wife? Which one will it be? The suspense is killing me.

The love triangle between Doctore, his wife, and Gannicus is lame.

This season is really suffering due to we already know how most things will end.

LOL.

Yeah, I admit I love the show, and yes, that probably means I have an underlying psychological problem, but I am still missing Nip/Tuck terribly, and Spartacus is a wonderful palliative.