Spice Up This Personal Ad.

Manda JO’s version rules. It’s interesting and smart. I’d call her, if I was single and she forgot to include the standard “no freaks, please” line at the end. :slight_smile:

However, there should still be a physical description of you, and some guidelines for what type of person you’re looking for (e.g. “no freaks, please”).

Also, if you have a strong (ahem) position on sex (either for or against) as a possible outcome of this ad, it might save you time if you find a tactful way to work that in… If you just want to see what happens, don’t worry about it.

Thanks again, all–I just gave up trying to email the suggestions to my friend and just sent her a link to this thread.

FWIW, there is a separate section in her ad (which I didn’t include) which allows her to describe her ideal mate. I think she’s mainly concerned with how she’s presenting herself.

So she’ll appreciate the suggestions.

I met my husband through a personal ad and we were both so incredibly sheepish about it. I should be the last person to be embarrassed (I mean, it worked, did it not?) but still I am.

So…my own personal preference would be to add something like “Do you feel as weird reading my personal ad as I do writing it?” Then maybe go one to explain why you were trying to meet someone this way. In my case, I wanted to meet some people who were apart and separate from my already active social life.