St. Louis gathering

Alright, dammit!

Will it just be Auraseer and myself, sucking down beers and hot sauce?

What about it, Lower Midwest Dopers? Are we gonna do this thing? Still coming, Chris? Sunbear, you going to be there? Any other confirmations?

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

The 11th sounds just ducky with me.

Which leaves me wondering if everyone will be meeting at Growler’s, or elsewhere.

Waste
Flick Lives!

Since this thread has been sinking so fast, I’ve sent an email to everyone who expressed interest. If you still feel like coming, post here so we can start making some detailed plans.

As noted above, current plans are to meet at Growlers Pub on December 11th (a Saturday). Questions, comments, and better ideas are welcome!

A couple of people have listed no email address-- Missy2U, divemaster, Flypsyde. If any of you happen to know how to get in touch with them, kindly direct their attention back to this thread.

Laugh hard; it’s a long way to the bank.

Growlers? Sounds interesting, been meaning to check it out some day. I even know someone who works there. But…I have this principle of kind of sort of keeping this board out of RL.
Have fun!

Auraseer - I’ll see you there. What time?

Of course, I’m in. Back to the top.

“Excrement. That is what I think of J. Evans Pritchard, PhD.” --Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

St. Louis, eh? I lived there for 8 years of my childhood. Too bad I have no way of getting there for this little get-together or I’d come (but no beer, please!).

To the top with ye.

“Excrement. That is what I think of J. Evans Pritchard, PhD.” --Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

Again, all sounds well. I can only assume that I can get directions from the Growler’s website. Which leaves me wondering what time?

Waste
Flick Lives!

I would love to get together w/fellow dopers, and just checked to insure I am not oncall. Are there any cheapo hotels in the area?

rubes

rubes@citilink.com

What time do the festivities start? I’ll be back in town, so I’m planning on attending, too! Auraseer, please keep me posted, my email is listed.

Chuck L.

I’m here! I’m here!

I’d give out the email address, but it’s a work address. All I really need is a time and directions, guys.

I’ll be coming in on 55, so start from there. I have a vague idea of where I’m going, but explicit directions would be appreciated.

Rubes - You could try the Trends Motel on Manchester Rd. in Ellisville. Small and thinly appointed, but nice. At about $43 a night, it’s quite a deal (especially for West County).

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Growlers. Need to know what time.

Actually, Flyp, the Growler’s website has pretty good directions. You might wanna give that a shot. If I weren’t being so accursedly lazy, I’d give it to you as a link, but it appears above.

Waste
Flick Lives!

You know GL, after I posted that, I thought, “I’ll check that website just to see if it has directions.”

So I think I’ve got it. I can get to 270 no problem, and I’ll just look for 340 after that.

Now, what time are we looking at? How long will it take Chris to get here from Des Moines?

December 11th, eh? Would any Dopers be so kind as to perhaps pick me up from the local Greyhound Bus station? If so, I may just make the trip. That’s my first weekend of break.

Sure, DB, I should be driving in anyway. Now, once it’s been ascertained what time this little fete is going down, all will be better.

Waste
Flick Lives!

Yeah, we need to pick a time to meet. I was thinking about midafternoon sometime-- late enough for people to get into town, but early enough to catch some of the happy hour specials. (Happy hour on Saturday runs from 12 to 5.) Would, oh, 3:00 be too early?
BTW, I think I’ll have to amend the offer I made up at the top, 'cause I don’t think I can afford all the drinks for a group of this size. I will spring for the first round, though. And for you out-of-towners, if you stick around 'til Sunday, maybe I’ll take you up in the Arch to make up for it. =B^)

Laugh hard; it’s a long way to the bank.

Wow, Aura, you’re brave. Taking hungover souls up into the Arch? I know the weather has to be spectacular down there right now, but once those December winds kick up, the sway in that thing’s gonna be murder. Me, I’ll be down at Skeeter’s, with some buffalo shrimp and the hair of the dog that bit me.

Oh, and, uhh, I’m assuming the hep-A scare’s over with down there, right?

Auraseer - I don’t wanna speak for the rest of the group, but 3:00 is early for me (work) and was hoping you’d go with 5:00 or later. But since you’re footing part of the bill, it’s your party and you can schedule it whenever the heck you want. I’ll just have to be late.