START, get a LiveJournal.

Wow, I’m so glad to find out that pajama pants girl is fiction. I remember reading that way back when, and thinking, “Oh, c’mon!” but not wanting to say anything, on the off chance that I was just being a cynical old meanie.

As for START, I’ve been thinking, “Oh, c’mon!” for quite awhile, but not wanting to say anything, on the off chance that I’m just being a cynical old meanie.

Daniel

No, I think you’ve nailed it.

I now officially cast my vote for “We’re being played.”

Well…I hate to bring up this old argument, but remember that no one is forcing you to read Start’s threads. Sure his threads take up server resources, but that’s not a crime! If every thread had to be “worth it” to every one of us, then there’s probably a great deal here that doesn’t pass that muster.

I say give the kid a break. The rules say not to be a jerk. They don’t say that everything we post has to be profound and wonderful in the eyes of every Doper.

I know no one’s forcing me to read them. At this point, I don’t think anyone should read them. Right now, monstro and VarlosZ are debating whether or not Laura should go out with START. That’s just the kind of “let’s you and him fight” situation these threads always end up in. Enough alfuckingready.

Yeah, but have you seen this thread?

I thought they were see-thru white ones with her black thong sticking out the back?

Sort of like he doesn’t have a conscience and he comes here for the berating he is unable to give himself. Like we’re some sort of internet version of a confessional. He forgets that the confession doesn’t count unless he’s actually sorry he did it and is going to honestly try to do better. But what would be the fun in that?

Fortunately, no. I want the 2 minutes I just spent scanning that crap back now.

Perhaps you are right. I refuse to reread that thread again to find out the definitive answer.

Sorry to say, I will never buy that argument. As a community, we are entitled to give other members of the community feedback. If I find something to be stupid, I will say so. If enough people disagree, I may re evaluate my position. That is how societies work. By not offering feedback, all that we do is enable.

Whatever. Every post is about her thong and her butt and little Skewbald and her saying, “Do you like it when I grind my hard buttocks into your tiny little thing?” and him saying, “I-I-I-I think I do…” She must have had a black thong at some point.

No one is forcing you to read this thread, so why are you objecting to it?

I can’t be the only person here who reads START as a guilty pleasure, can I? Anytime I see a thread begun by START I know a long, elaborate wankfest is bound to occur. But it is atypical - it isn’t a wankfest you could bring home to Mam and Pap. There is something unhuman, chilling, and egotistical in his words that are utterly compelling and unfortunate. Ever-so-slightly comparable to a perpetual car crash.

He is the kind of kid no one likes at school, but feels like he owns the place. He is the kind of kid I see every now and again that gives off an air of ownership, like the world owes him a favor. He is the kind of kid that gives dare_devil and I a bad name.

He is the kind of blister that festors when disturbed. As been stated before, he would probably heal a lot faster if nobody disturbed him. But that won’t happen, so I guess for the time being enjoy it. As a guilty pleasure, at least - he weaves a decent (albiet a poorly written and probably fictional) tale.

After all, despite the motto, ignorance is sometimes bliss.

I just avoid them like other mundane pointless threads I’m totally not interested in. What’s the problem? Are you beign somehow tricked into reading them?

Thanks for the links to the pyjama girls threads. I also, apparently, am now something of an oldie, but i missed those threads first time around.

And the horses. Don’t forget the horses.

Yes! That’s exactly the case. We are all being fooled into reading it. Perhaps you could share some tips to avoid this in the future. I, for one, would be ever so grateful.

I dunno. For me, the non sequiturs in START’s threads make them more plausible. Real stories never make sense… you know?

Well, he tends to hide the opening of the thread by putting leaves and twigs over it, hoping people won’t notice and fall in. Look for an arrangement of leaves and twigs that looks too natural.

START, you claimed in earlier threads that you had matured, and were beyond making fun of Laura. But, as soon as you found another person to make fun of her with, you started it right back up again? And then abruptly stopped it (again) when she apologized to you. (Of course, most of the people here could have predicted your behavior, since it never changed to begin with.) However, instead of going to the party yourself, and defending Laura if anyone brought her into the conversation, you came up with the brilliant idea of dragging her along with you to face her enemies.

The whole story, as you tell it, doesn’t really make sense. That’s why people here are attacking your credibility. For the moment, I will give you the benefit of my doubts, and advise you to do some serious soul-searching. I’m afraid of what will happen to Laura when you dump her. Please don’t torture this poor girl anymore.