State of the Union address Feb. 7, 2023

Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining!

This thread may be close to being played out but I found this article to be relevant.

A good number of the GOP members were outraged the President said there were Republicans calling for cuts to or defunding of Social Security and Medicare. In addition to the video and recordings of several members calling for just that we now have Senate Minority Leader McConnell acknowledging this is exactly what Rick Scott of FL was proposing.

I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for any of the hecklers to admit Biden had it correct.

They didn’t boo him because he was not telling the truth. They all know he was telling the truth.

They boo’ed him because he made them look bad by telling the truth.

Precisely but it doesn’t change the fact I don’t expect any of them to acknowledge Biden had it correct.

Yes, agreed. For Republicans, Hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug.

I didn’t see anything about this years sotu so I resusitated this thread. So, any bets the magas will still act like fools again? I hope they do. Because it really demonstrates how useless they really are. I don’t think marge could keep her mouth shut if they stuck a ball gag in her mouth. Let the games begin.

If there is an outburst – – and I would bet the ranch that there will be one – – I would dearly love it if Biden responds with ”Quiet please, the grown-ups are talking.”

No problem; I created one for this year: