Stats on 99er dopers

Proud '99er here. No clue what day I registered- how does one discover this? My info on posts indicates October, 1999.

I was on the AOL boards before SDMB.

Attended a few wonderful interesting Dopefests back in the day…

Our community. Which I still enjoy, and believe in.

And yeah, **Opal ** dammit. :frowning:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If they are currently active, they are not banned by definition. :stuck_out_tongue:

10/20/99. It’s on your profile page.

I was a lurker in 99 and kept putting off joining because I thought it would be too much of a time sink.

Man, sometimes I hate when I’m right.

I finally gave in in 2001. Not 2002 as the stamp says. All my early posts and evidence of membership got wiped out in the winter of missed content. How many others of us are shivering out there in the cold, victims of post count circumcision?

Waaaaay back in the day, I guinea-pigged for Tuba and let her (successfully) (attempt to) reset my postcount to zero. Turned out to be a thing admins could do. I feel proud of having done my part, but it was strictly voluntary.

wow I left for about a decade but most all the names listed above as deceased I remember vividly

I might be. I could have sworn I joined earlier. I was on the AOL site but mainly to read the articles since I was a fan of the books. I check out the board from time to time but I wasn’t a regular poster by any stretch. I lost track of it when it moved off of AOL and didn’t wander back for a few years.

They are not banned currently. Some of the folks who are active now will eventually be banned. But not most of them.

Nonetheless, I feel confident that, 100 years from now, none of them will be posting.

Speak for yourself! [grumbles],Young whipperanapper, registered in 2000, doesn’t respect his elders… [/grumbles]

Well, certainly, the ones who habitually eat tomatoes won’t be.

I have to say that I do like the idea of a tontine for us 99ers.

FixedBack was on UnaBoard as well; he made several thousand posts.

99ers? Pfft! All the really cool kids registered in April 2000.

I don’t post very much, but still here!

PS I want my charter member status back.:mad:

Damn straight (dope)!

Still lurking.

Wow, Clark K., I thought I was lurky. I think I’ll hit 5000 posts in 2019 or 2020 at this rate?

A month too late, actually.

Also still lurking …

I guess I’m just not the talkative type.