Stop changing the goddamn user interface, for fuck's sake!

I am sick and tired of taking new screen grabs of your fucking dialog boxes every single time some genius in marketing decides he doesn’t like the look of the buttons or checkboxes. Fuck you. Make up your fucking mind! ::mad::

And you want this manual when? ::rolleyes::

GRRRRR!

• s.e.

[sub]sorry[/sub]

Actually, I have exactly the same problem. Looks like you and I are in the same profession. Except I’m in marketing, and the people who are making the changes are developers…

Hey, I’m just an end-user, and I hate the fact that you marketing, developing, and documenting people keep changing the interface between versions! :slight_smile:

For that matter, why do you people have to have your own snazzy interface?

Here on the job, I have to use this SourceSafe-similar program to keep track of art and programming assets. It functions similarly to Explorer- I mean, heck it does everything Explorer does, and then some, for security (nobody can just erase a file, for example).

If it does everything Explorer does, WHY NOT JUST USE THE EXPLORER INTERFACE?

I mean, fuck (this is the pit, right? I can say that here, right?)- why is it every time we get a new program we have to learn a completely new interface, just 'cause the company that made the program want to look all snazzy and shiny?

I use these programs to speed up my work, not slow it down- why do I have to waste my time learning a new interface all the damn time?

To clarify, it’s a new product altogether, not an upgrade. Therefore end-users will most probably be seeing the interface for the first time. In fact, it’s a simpler interface.

What pisses me of is that they’ve changed the interface several times for this new product, so keep having to go back and take new screen grabs, document new features, etc.

• s.e.

Application development ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Without precise calculations, you could fly right through a star earth, or bounce too close to a supernova. That would end your screen prints real quick, wouldn’t it?

The apps are done. It’s just some fucktard in marketing who wants the buttons, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc. to look different for whatever reason. Sorry if I was unclear on that.

• s.e.