Studliest Star Trek Male?

Sisko, man, he punched out Q! I never saw Kirk or Picard bitch-slap an nearly omnipotent being – they usually just talked them to death.
Sisko by a mile

Sisko with a shaved head and sunglasses

by 10 light years!

See the edit above – dyslexia is up this morning.

Final results:

Kirk ahead of Picard by…65 votes.

Yes!

If by “studliest” we mean “most likely to be invited to share Glassy’s bed,” I vote for Sisko. That is one tall handsome sexy man.

I’ve never found Kirk all that attractive - even in his prime, he was a just snub-nosed little guy trying to act while sucking his gut in. The clinging gold velour shirt didn’t help.

Picard, sure, but Kirk made rather a hobby of bitch-slapping nearly omnipotent beings, didn’t he? At least, once his shirt got torn.

Oddly enough “ripped shirt boy” usually only duked it out with other species not all that different from us – Nevery punched one of them out – usually talked them to death.

He may have gotten a little rough with them, but Sisko, he’d just put the hurt on them to get their attention and then, once they’ve been revived, talk reason to them.

Kirk: Apollo – Jabber
Kirk: Tulane – Jabber
Kirk: Gamesters – Jabber
Kirk, in general, talked big bads to death almost as much as Picard – he’d just get dirty and rip his shirt more often tusseling with giant Lizard Men and Gladiator Women. (If memory Serves–I can’t think of Kirk smacking down any threat that could annihilate him with a thought).

I’d be willing to hear opposing examples though, I haven’t watched the TOS in quite a while.

He may not peg out the Stud-O-Meter, but Garak fascinates me. Of course, I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him…but I’d let him take me adventuring to the home world. :wink:

Where’s Captain Pike?

snork!

No love for Julian Bashir, then…?

It’s a tough, tough call, but Sisko and Picard are tied for first, while Chakotay comes in a close second.

Straight guy here.

James T. Kirk, no question.

In a motorized wheelchair that is rather primitive compared to Steven Hawking’s rig. But he’s on Organia so he doesn’t have to give a shit.

No votes for Vic Fontaine?

I’d say the studliest male would be just about any of the red-shirt security guards who were always destined not to make it through the episode.

But that’s not one of the choices, so I’m going with Jonathan Archer who to me, seems to have the best of both Kirk & Picard. Kirk had the girly-man shaved chest and too much mascara, and Picard was well, British. Or French. Or something.

No love for Leonard McCoy?

I thought Pike was beamed up to Talos.

Harcourt Fenton Mudd!

Picard-make it so!

Or Spock. Or Data. Or Bones.

Never Kirk–he would probably overemote in bed as much as he did in the series! A real blowhard. :smiley:
Not real familiar with other, more recent series. Don’t like bearded men or Klingons. Khan looks like a seedy gay guy, down on his luck.

I don’t really go for the testosterone poisoning (Trill are one of my favourites for that reason; for some reason, they seem to have the feyest men this side of Angel One and Flaxia.) I’d say Julian, who’s excessively pretty with an occasional side of bad-assness. You know what those surgeon’s hands could do… certainly Garak knows, and O’Brien would like to know :wink:

When ST:NG aired and Frakes was still clean-shaven, I had a huge crush on him. Even though I was 7 when it first started.

I could never get into Kirk–I think it was knowing he wore a rug. There was an episode of Next Generation where the Enterprise was getting cleaned and some terrorists were trying to steal trilithium or something like that and Picard was on board in riding clothes and carrying a saddle. He looked really hot there.

That was Shatner’s own hair in the original series.