Stupid liberal idea of the day

Okay. None of my points count cuz the didn’t happen today. There are no stupid liberal ideas today.

None that you’ve mentioned. Dipshit.

OK:

It was a stupid liberal idea that just because they have, with the VP, the majority of the Senate, that McConnell wouldn’t still remain in control of it.

We happy?

That’s not a stupid liberal idea. The items I mentioned above are stupid liberal ideas.

… but you have yet to establish that even 30% of liberals believed in your conspiracy theories. And, given 30% is your new standard, go ahead and provide the cites. Because I would’ve given you the earlier proposition: that your lists were ideas held by some liberals. But now you introduced a new standard of 30%, so now I dispute that. Please provide where 30% of 'liberals" believed “all cops” are racist, or more than 30% of liberals think that cars got 300 mpg on water.

I eagerly await your citations! :smiley:

Perhaps this thought is better suited for ATMB. How about a new forum on this site? One called something like Stupid Made Up Bullshit For Republicans. Put all of your Republican fucking made up bullshit nonsense there.

We can also soothe iamnotgrumpy’s disappointment by including a Democratic House bill recently discussed in a concurrent thread, to the effect that certain types of federal memorialization of former Presidents may not be used for any Presidents who have been twice impeached.

Mind you, there’s nothing stupid about not wanting to use taxpayer money to commemorate a lying America-hating fuckstick like Donald Trump. But it is stupid and petty, as Dr.Winston_OBoogie pointed out, to try to enforce that preference via a law framed in general terms that is nonetheless obviously tailored to the case of Trump in particular.

Ever since the Clinton administration Republicans have made it quite clear that for them, impeachment indicates nothing except which party a legislator belongs to. So trying to make government censure of Trump dependent on his impeachment status is pointless and dumb.

So there you go folks, an actual Stupid Liberal Idea to point and laugh at! What’s that, maybe the third or fourth so far in this nearly-8000-post thread?

I believe someone else came up with the 30% rule.

Correct, but you then dismissed it by responding with “but 70% do not”, indicating that 30% of an ideology which believes in batshittery does not mean that the ideology itself supports batshittery.

So… 51%? Is that the standard? 50.01%?

Let us know, thanks. :slight_smile:

Trump was horrible, therefore there are no stupid liberal ideas. Did I understand your post correctly.

Obviously not, given that the whole purpose of my post was to present an example of an actual Stupid Liberal Idea. Which was a far better, and better-documented, example than any of the feeble attempts you’ve come up with, btw.

How pathetic is it that so many conservatives can’t even identify valid instances of a Stupid Liberal Idea unless liberals first do the work for them and then explain to them what it means?

The standard would be 100%. If you want to say conservatives believe in Qanon. Or if I want to say liberals are communists.

Are there liberals that are communists? Are there conservatives that believe in Qanon.

I’ve noted the tendency of liberals to disassociate themselves from the wackier side of liberalism, while at the same time freely painting all conservatives with racism, sexism, and Qanon.

Oh, good, that means there are no stupid liberal ideas. Or conservative ones either. Or qonservative.

Glad we got that cleared up. Appreciate your Godelian contribution to this thread.

You haven’t “noted” this alleged phenomenon sufficiently to be able to document it with a valid cite, apparently.

Take a look at my post #7948 if you want to see an acknowledgement of a stupid idea “from the wackier side of liberalism” that is appropriately documented with a valid cite.

Is this the fifties?

Well, yeah. They’re trolling you. There is no way anyone would honestly misunderstand the purpose of your post.

I’m pretty sure this is some conservative troll who got banned coming back to mess with people. Do note they’ve not even tried to deny they are a sock.

I can well believe it, but I’ll never understand how trolls get any satisfaction out of making themselves look even stupider than they are. I suppose they find it easier and more convincing than trying to pretend to be smart.

Rather than address my specific examples of stupid liberal ideas…

They’re stupid liberal ideas, granted. But they’re not stupid liberal ideas which meet the 100% standard you set.

I mean, what do you want?