Subway and Jared Fogle: Find a new fucking ad campaign! (lame)

I kept promising myself I was going to put this to the BBQ, and it’s finally to the point of unbearability. Subway’s been running their “Jared” ad campaign for a good five or six years now, and enough is enough. They’ve squeezed all they can out of him and now it’s time to move on. Jared, I know you’re making good money off of this, but even Seinfeld knew when to quit. Even AT&T kicked Carrot Top to the curb. You’re the Saturday Night Live of marketing. Be gone.

That is all.

Adam

You’d think if they were gonna stick with one guy for so long, they’d pick one with the slightest bit of charisma or screen prescence.

Seriously.

Sorry, if I’m Jared, I’m milking this for all it’s worth. I have no doubt the guy is making serious scratch, and once Subway changes campaigns, he’ll have to get a real job.

Jared and his subs will be much happier in Cafe Society.. How Cafe Society will feel about it a whole 'nother thing, but pop culture is a tough game.

Veb

Sorry, I think this thread belongs in…

:: looks around ::

Damn you, Veb!!

I agree with this post. I also agree with the posts that imply Jared is somewhat uncharismatic. Consequently, I reserve my portion of the pitting to Subway.

I like Subway’s Jared ads a helluva lot better than Quizno’s “Spongmonkeys” and the creepy talking baby.

ACtually Subway has changed their marketing several times, they just havn’t changed their spokesperson.

Now granted, it all falls under the “this is healthier than other fast foods” banner, but when Jared first appeared, it was demonstrating weight loss. Now it’s more of a generic healthy lifestyle thing.

FAce it, if you’re irritated by a TV commercial, you got too much times on your hands.

I have to disagree. Quizno’s use of the spongmonkeys was one of the funniest ad campaigns I’ve seen in a long time. “We are not the Huns!”

Talking babies, though, are always stupid. Even the “Can you hear me now?” guy is better than those ads.

I’m checking my schedule cuz just about every TV commercial irritates me.

In my opinion, if you’re NOT irritated by a TV commercial its too late to save you.

But they got a pepper bar!!

I’m with you on the talking baby though. Freaks me the hell out.

Or you don’t have TiVo. —preens—

Don’t forget, Jared has aids.

Jared really has no personality whatsoever, which is precisely why he’ll hang on to this gig for dear life. Hell, who wouldn’t?

As for Subway, it’s not easy for a fast food chain to find someone who lost 800 pounds eating their product for a year, which is why they stick with Mr. Exciting.

I the Jared ads becayse they’re quiet and easy to ignore. They are the Muzak of commercials.

Gah!

I like the ads because sheesh!

For a while it seemed like they were trying to transition to a different spokesman - that guy that I think of as the “Subway asshole”. You know who I mean, that Denis Leary Lite dipshit. I guess he didn’t work out, though, because I haven’t seen him lately. And of course there was the brief Clay Henry dalliance.

I hate that commercial. I can’t get to the mute button fast enough when it comes on.

Add to the list of commercials that have played themselves out:

Those horrible “Priceless” mastercard commercials. That started THREE YEARS AGO.

Get a new campaign already!

Three years? Nuh uh. Try seven.

Anyone seen the Energizer Bunny lately? No? Thank god.