Supernatural: Current season, Open spoilers

I have always felt that making Chuck “God” was a terrible decision. I preferred the “he’s a prophet” angle on it.

If I remember right, which I’m not sure if I really do, I thought “prophets” were, besides being prophets, potential God vessels. I thought God just liked the Chuck vessel and so stuck with it.

Plus Chuck can play the guitar which is a super bonus for God.

I don’t remember anything about that.

Last night was a really enjoyable episode. Where else can you references to both Baby Yoda and Highway to Heaven?

Chuck being God is one of the biggest giving into fans you’ll find. As soon as prophet-Chuck disappeared, people began to suggest/speculate he was God. It was 100% non-canon until they just decided to give in and make it happen.

I preferred Metatron to Chuck as an antagonist.

I preferred Metatron too. He had depth and layers. Chuck is just a spoiled child.

It was interesting to see a human monster for a change. And we found out some good info – like why Amara brought Mary back, and more about Billie’s plan for Jack taking out Chuck and Amara.

He wasn’t, but this version is terrible. It’s really two characters. The prophet they met back forever ago, the one who wrote their books. And then this reboot version that is a lame-o version of God.

My wife and I just discussed this and we do NOT think this was ever the case. I believe the show’s premise/statement is that Chuck is God now and was always God even back when he was publishing Supernatural novels.

It’s that lame.

Yeah but, but, but, but back when God Chuck was just Chuck Chuck he, Chuck Chuck, didn’t know he was God Chuck. So, does that add any non-lameness to the equation?

How much God Chuck could a Chuck Chuck chuck if Chuck Chuck was God Chuck all along?

Another monster of the week episode with barely any forward movement?

This is bullshit!” -Andra

I wonder if anyone saw the most recent episode, which felt like the series finale. There is one more, but apparently they wrapped most stuff up in that episode, even including a montage of the boys together through the years at the end.

1. If God is omniscient, why was it so easy to trick him?
  2. What are they going to do in their final episode?

I saw it. I liked it. I didn’t see the way they were going to beat God coming.

The thing about your #1. God mentioned in an episode to or so ago that these particular set of Sam and Dean et al have consistantly not done what they were supposed to. Like after Castiel pulling Dean out of Hell he didn’t go back to being a non-thinking yes-man for God.

And Chuck has mentioned before that this set is his favorite and that’s probably why. But yeah Chuck’s omniscience and omnipresence should have know about the Jack power up thing.

I agree with your #2. This totally could have been a series finale. What could they do with another episode?

Also, I was wondering if Jack brought all the monsters back? He totally could have not so the Winchesters could finally have a normal regular life. That’s the only real thing I think they could do with another episode.

Just have everyone get on with their lives and settle down into marriage and kids and a picket fence?

Also did Jack bring back ALL the people that Chuck poofed? Like Bobby and Charlie? I guess they could have a Supernatural Family re-union episode showing everyone sitting around a BBQ and chatting about the craziness that is “how normal” everything is now.

Anyways, I’m still excited to see what they are going to do.

Oh, I just thought of something.

Since Chuck is just a normal human, they could do a, “A day in the life of Chuck The Human” it wouldn’t be that great but still interesting.

Like he gets a job as a grocery clerk, cuz that’s all he can get, and his supervisor is kind of a dick and is constantly riding Chuck to put the tomatoes away faster or something.

And if Jack brought all the Angels back did he bring back Lucifer? It’d be fun to see Lucifer come into the store and rag on Chuck and make fun of him for just being a lowly human and then Lucifer complains to Chuck’s supervisor that Chuck was being rude to him and then the supervisor yells at Chuck and Lucifer is in the background just laughing.

I guess as long as it’s just not a clip show I’ll be happy.

Although now that I’ve thought of it I’d really like to see Chuck trying to get along as just a regular human.

I liked it well enough. I think I’m ready for this show to end, though. But who knows what might happen in a two-hour finale with this bunch…

I see that Jared Padalecki already has a new show – Walker (as in “Texas Ranger”) – starting in January. I don’t plan to watch it, but I hope Jensen Ackles also finds something new in front of the camera.

I thought it was more a montage of all the people they’ve encountered through the years; I didn’t see it as being focused on the boys. I did like that it ended with the classic shot of Sam throwing a weapon into Baby’s trunk.

I wonder that, too! And, did Jack bring Castiel back?? I’m hoping to see him “restored” in the finale.

And what about the untold number parallel universes destroyed off-screen? (I suppose that there is no life anywhere else in any of the universes.)

One hour finale. I believe it is preceded by a one hour special, but the final episode is normal length, isn’t it?

Jensen Ackles is appearing in The Boys season 3 next year. Also from Eric Kripke.

I’m not planning on watching Walker but I am looking forward to Jensen in The Boys. Hopefully his character isn’t just a one and done but sticks around for a while.

I’m not sure. I’m glad Padalecki got Walker, though I always thought the original show was trash. Maybe his will actually be good.

I’m sure they’ve modernized it and I’ll check out a few episodes for sure but I also didn’t care for the original.

Tonight is, after 15 years, the final new episode of Supernatural.