Supplemental Thread

Perhaps you’ve had an amusing anecdote, profound insight, or vauge complaint that you’ve thought about posting before, but found that it was off topic for any existing thread (and was likely to reamin so indefinitely) and just didn’t quite merit a thread of its own. “Well, nobody would care about that,” you say, and you’re quite right, nobody would.

No, wait. What I mean to say is that everybody would care about that, which is exactly the opposite of what I just said. For those leftover posts collecting dust in the U-Stor-It of your handsome and impressive mind, gentle reader, I offer this Supplemental Thread. Start your New Year out right with a healthy brain scrubbing and post in the most mundane and pointless thread imaginable.
16 U.S.C. Sec. 580p

As used in this Act-

(1) The term “Woodsy Owl” means the name and representation of a fanciful owl, who wears slacks (forest green when colored), a belt (brown when colored) and a Robin Hood style hat (forest green when colored) with a feather (red when colored), and who uses the slogan, “Give a Hoot, Don’t Pollute”, originated by the Forest Service of the United states Department of Agriculture.

18 U.S.C. Sec 711a

Whoever, except as authorized under rules and regulations issued by the Secretary, knowingly and for profit manufactures, reproduces, or uses the character “Woodsy Owl”, the name “Woodsy Owl”, or the associated slogan “Give a Hoot, Don’t Pollute” shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

You have been warned. Give a Hoot, don’t go to federal prison.

Similar provisions exist for Smokey the Bear, so don’t think you’re going to pull a fast one that way.

You, know MPSIMS itself started out as a thread on the old AOL boards. (Or rather, a “thread”, because the AOL board software wasn’t too great at keeping threads from spontaneously fragmenting into multiple threads with the same title.)

So now we have the MPSIMS thread of MPSIMS.

Coffee gives me gas. Or maybe it’s the cream I put in the coffee. Either way…

Happy

Yes, I think I remember Opal mentioning the original MPSIMS in the SDMB Anthology thread, as one poster’s semi-bizarre online journal of his random thoughts. I was hoping to do something like that for everybody’s little orphan baby posts.

So in the interest of keeping it surreal, I have psychically determined the answers to a random thread opener’s subconscious questions:

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. May 21, 1952
  4. Grape Nuts

Wow, thanks for the tip! Grape Nuts would be a perfect exfoliant. Boy, leave it to you Dopers to help me out of a pickle.