Survivor: Palau- 4/28

I am excited about another week, but a little nervous about when the show will air.

It appears the POTUS is asking for time at 8:30 EST for a Social Security Press Conference.

I’m all for accountability in democracy, but let’s do it on Monday night! So DVR/VCR folk beware. If anyone gets an update, post it here.

Thanks for the heads-up! I’m going to set the DVR to record from 8:00 to 10:00, and catch the Apprentice rerun on the weekend on MSNBC. I don’t know when that is or I’d share, but I can’t find it on their surprisingly unfriendly site - I just tell the DVR to fetch and it does.

But back to OP -

I don’t wanna see Steph go, but all the spoilers are pointing to that. The ones that were touting Tom’s downfall tonight have backed off. Bummer!

This is going to set the tone for the resst of the season. If the girl alliance holds, look for Steph to be voted off once the guys are gone and as soon as she loses an IC. I guess Jenn holds the swing vote, assuming Gregg/Tom/Ian are tight.

No matter what, it’s gonna be good!

Imdb’s Daily Studio briefing had this to say about the Bush Press Conference:

Heh. An not-shown-on-network-TV-primetime-press-conference. Isn’t that kinda like nobody coming to your birthday party?

I’d just like to say that I’m a bit… upset over this.

I rarely go into the Pit, so I was somewhat taken aback with the discussion! It took me a few seconds to realize that Cafe Society HADN’T gone horribly wrong!

:slight_smile:

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. Bush’s press conference is on at 5:30. :smiley:

Somebody Re-open that West Coast thread for this bastich! :wink:

As if I needed another reason to hate the President :rolleyes:

::whines::

I want to see Ian and Tom.

Yes, I’m four.

So, are they joining in progress, or showing later? Bastards!

Showing later, opposite The Apprentice.

I can’t believe they won’t time shift everything so that east coasters can see SURVIVOR. They could repeat it in a few days, but that’s kind of like showing an NBA playoff game 2 days later…

I hope Bush loses the immunity challenge.

It’s coming on now! :slight_smile:

Ian bathing? Best moment of Survivor in 10 seasons.

Tribal Council? Not so much. Good run, Steph.

I just finished watching Survivor in its new time slot.

I’ll spoiler this because I don’t know who’s seeing it when.

[spoiler]I’m sad to see Stephenie go. She’s the best player on the show this season. I’m sure the producers are equally upset. It would have been a heckuva story to see her come back from the Ulong disaster and win the million.

Tom has now completed the transition into a snake.

Caryn is an idiot. What kind of promise is it to be guaranteed sixth place when there’s only seven players left? She deserves to be voted out for being too stupid to survive.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Some of the people left are just dumb. They had a chance to overthrow the strong alliance.

Now what’s going to happen? Nothing…just herd the sheep - exit stage left. I think with Stephanie gone, Tom and Ian could just strengthen their alliance and either one of them will convince the others to vote off the other or they will go to the final two. I’m not really sure that anyone else has a good shot at winning immunities.

Way to go Caryn! You’ve assured yourself of…

nothing.[/spoiler]

it always amazes me that some participants figure out that they have the numbers to change the outcome of the game, spot the key person to remove to shatter the alliance, then fail to follow through.

It’s because they are chickensh*t and too afraid to rock the boat. They don’t want to be responsible for taking down such a strong competitor and this, IMO, makes them unworthy of the money anyway. You cannot win Survivor by taking no chances…unless you want to count Amber, who at least had the good sense to find the snake and charmed him into winning her the money. So yeah…even that was a chance.