Talk about a daunting horoscope....

A BLANK horoscope would be daunting indeed… would it mean that you were dead?

My original post read:

Better run by the ATM. Always a good idea to carry some spare cash on those one day journeys to choose what you have been put on earth to do.
Me, I think today I was put on this earth to duck out of work, grab a jumbo shili dog, take a walk in the park and feed my crumbs to the ducks. Then go see a cheesy movie matinee all by myself.
Then again, that wasn’t my horoscope.
:sigh:

btw- I used to have this book called the “Bad News Horoscope”, and it would outline the negative portions of your personality based on your sign. Not for those who take themselves too seriously, or have that cheesy Hallmark Stewart Smalley outlook on their destiny, but for the rest of us, it as a hoot.
For instance, I’m a Libra, and the book talked about how Libras are social creatures who can easily irritate others.
(rough quote) “Libra, you will come into a room, smiling graciously, and announce with your arms open;
‘I’m a PEOPLE PERSON!’
while everyone else it running for the exits.”
:smiley:

Hahahaha! I know a coupla Libras, and Honey, that is SPOT ON.

Hey, while you’re out feeding the ducks today, maybe you could swing by your house and see if you can find that book for me? :smiley:

Another Pisces checking in. What the heck am I supposed to do with that horoscope? The only thing I want to choose to do right now is to feign illness and duck out of work for the rest of the day. Is that what I was put on this earth to do? Fake a stomachache and run for the hills?

Ok, the right choice would be to stay at work, but I am so not ready to make that decision.:wink:

I went to a Black womens’ college. Conventional Wisdom around there was that we were all descendants of African Queens.

I had a friend, however, who used to shrug and say, “I personally believe that I came from a long line of concubines.”

I loved her for that. :smiley:

Similarly, I think that maybe I was put on this earth to be a Foot Massage Guinea Pig/Bon Bon taste tester.

It could happen…

Hey, somebody’s got to do the dirty work. Why not you?

Bon bon taster indeed.

I’d go for cookie dough taste tester or something along those lines, myself.

But yeah, definitely a high pressure fortune. Today’s the day when you must figure out what you’re going to do for the rest of your life!

Ack

:: yanks out hair and runs off screaming like a banshee ::

I only read the horoscopes on The Onion. My all time favorite:

“You establish a pattern of destructive behavior this week when you discover how much fun it is to destroy things.”

I have learned to take the opposite tack with my horoscope. Whatever it says will be the exact opposite of what will happen to me or what I should do that day. The clencher was during a three day run of great horoscopes predicting some of the best days of my life and all these great things that I was going to do. I got dog ass sick during this time, almost to the point of going to the hospital; and didn’t set foot outside my apartment for three days. Kind of hard to find your goal in life and meet your true love when you can’t get out of bed from the flu.

Well, good news!

I apparently get a Cosmic Extention on my little “Why Am I Here?” project (which, I don’t have to tell you, I did not complete successfully yesterday).

Today I decided to read a different horoscope (given the daunting nature of yesterday’s Yahoo horoscope), and it said:

WHEW! I was worried there for a second. :wink:

But just to be on the safe side, I’m going with the tactic proposed by widdershins

Only what would that have meant for yesterday? That I should decide why I WASN’T put on this earth (kinda like when your grandma says, “I was NOT put on this earth to pick up your dirty socks!”)?