Teeming Millions: what's your IQ ?

OK lads and lassies (sp?),

Those who read every thread saw this one coming: it’s time to find out just how smart we all are. The final showdown, you & me & and all the other TM’s, mano a mano, knives on the table, this is it, here the Men (M/F) are separated from the Boys (M/F), let’s do it.

Tell me: WHAT IS YOUR IQ ?

Rules: the IQ has to be established in some sort of scientifically correct manner, not by the first “Test Your Vegetable/Love/Music/Race Car IQ” site you stumble upon. Also, lying and exagerating (sp?) are strictly prohibited (as if that’s gonna work :wink: ).

I know, this is dangerous ground we’re treading upon. However, this is just for estimation purposes to see whether y’all are as smart as you seem to be or stress to be :slight_smile:
Don’t flame the dummies, don’t praise the nerds. Just answer, and your submission will be dealt with in the most discrete fashion.

Last count was some 2700 SD’s… discrete enough for me. Here goes:

“My name is Coldfire and my IQ is 130.”

All: “Hi Coldfire !”

etc.

We’re temporarily disregarding the fact, that, on average (o my God they’re gonna kill me for this) education and thus IQ median (100) are slightly higher in Western Europe than in the US - it’s more of a comparison within your country/cultural region. Forget that. Submit. And don’t take me for an arrogant asshole… inquiring minds, etc etc yada yada :slight_smile:

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Oh hell, I’ll bite. Besides, you like Rush too, so you’re okay in my book. :wink:

I’m Falcon, and my IQ is 155.

Whoah !

Glad it’s an American IQ :slight_smile:

Coldfire falls off his chair laughing

Just kidding, very impressive, keep’em coming folks, and PLEASE let at least 1 or 2 of them be lower than mine :slight_smile:

Coldfire

Last time it was tested, many years ago, mine was 110. Of course, after years of reading Cecil’s columns and the SDMB, it’s probably gone up a great deal (yeah, right!)

My IQ by the metric system is 395.

The only time I remember taking an IQ test was in grade school. It was 156 (no, I’m not trying to squeak ahead of Falcon, that’s just what it was).

I daresay, it would probably be a little lower now. I was way ahead as a kid (started reading before age 3; second grade at age 6), but I think (no, I know) that things have evened out a lot since. I’m probably no brighter than most others on this board (trolls excepted). And I’m a complete idiot when it comes to computers and the new wave of technology.

Coldfire, who just took his seat again, falls off laughing once more

Dividing it by 1.609 still renders an impressive score, Shir :slight_smile:

Cold

I took a test a few years ago and got a 136.

–Tim

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.

I have no idea. Never took an IQ test that I’m aware of.

I took a test in elementary school and it was in the 160’s somewhere. From what I know of these tests, it should be about the same now.

I know, I know… I don’t believe it either! I just got lucky… My dad is MENSA-eligible and I got his brains!

Yer pal,
Satan

Fat chance of boosting my ego over here it seems :slight_smile:

If the Devil is smarter than me, there’s no way I’m gonna weasel out of it when I am standing at the Gates of Hell in due time…

Entertaining, I must say. Please continue to share, my friends.

Coldfire

135 as a child. Don’t know what it is now, but I feel like I’m losing ground. :slight_smile:

“non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem”
– William of Ockham

In dog IQs, my score is 910.

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Geezzz, keep it simple OK, mine’s just 130 as stated and math’s not exactly the subject that got that score up there… actually, those were my language skills… believe it or not.

OK, Start Menu => Programs => Accessories => Calculator => Pony’s IQ is 910 / 7 = 130 !!

Cool, he’s in my bracket :slight_smile:

Coldfire

All the IQ tests I know of are simply guesses at the upper limits. The WAIS-R has a top “measurable” limit of 154; if your test score is higher than they have a corresponding IQ number, the tester will make an educated guess. It is usually recorded as “154+”. So I would advise taking differences between 150+ IQ scores with a grain of salt (even in addition to the fact that it does not measure intelligence anyway); maybe you got the tester on a good day.

My score? Not tellin’ :wink:

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei

No, no, no! I took the dog IQ test (cat chase patterns, bone recognition, asshole identification, etc.) and scored a 910! What was that math shit you just did?

;)

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Gaudere,

I meant putting aside all objections regarding IQ tests, as I know there are many. Judging from your reaction, they caught you on a BAD day, huh ???

:wink:

Bluepony: well, a dawg year is supposed to be seven human years… figured the same logic would go for IQ’s :slight_smile:
AND I DID MENTION THAT NO OBSCURE TESTS WERE ALLOWED GODDAMMIT !!!

*sighs, but laughs also :slight_smile: *

Coldfire

Ok, you’re right, it was on a bad day. I got a 154+. Nyah nyah. :wink:

I never asked for a more specific guess. Sometimes I wish I had, but I guess now I can pretend I really got a 205 if I want. ::shrug:: :slight_smile:

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei

I also believe that IQ is variable even in the same individual, and that the traditional IQ number means next to nothing.

I’m a proponent of Gardner’s multiple intelligences theory…I’ve met so many people with extraordinary abilities who didn’t score above average on a traditional IQ test, yet they clearly have something.

I’m curious about what those of you in education (particularly if you’re in enrichment or “gifted” education) think of traditional v. multiple intelligence theories. Anyone?

So, not to be a piker…I was tested in grade school and scored 180. A good day!