Thank you James Dobson's! The future looks great!

Its like he’s been reading Atwood through a funhouse mirror - and believes it.

Well, what Dobson is fantasizing about – the Supreme Court dictating that churches can’t discriminate against people – would be a severe violation of separation. Not going to happen, of course; I’m not sure how he thinks Obama’s election would give us a Supreme Court that would take such an unprecedented step.

I am glad to know that Dobson has suddenly softened his stance on teenage unwed pregnancy, so that Bristol Palin isn’t a harlot.

Why do that when we can just leave them safely in the care of the clergy…

:rolleyes:

YESSSS! Just like France! Now all Obama has to do is put a patisserie on every corner and I am SOLD!

Don’t forget the pissoirs. I know I’ve had situations where one of those would have been just GREAT to see when I rounded a corner.

I thought it was a sin to bear false witness.

Must have been a typo.

I don’t think I’m going to be able to read that nonsense in one sitting, but I did get to the bottom of page 3 of the “letter from the future,” and I noticed a reference to a SCOTUS decision in the case of Boy Scouts of America v Dale. Now I had supposed the convention in referring to case law was to phrase it as [Plaintiff v Respondent]. Is this wrong?

If it’s not, what did the Boy Scouts sue Mr. Dale for?

I know it’s a bear to witness false sin, that’s for sure.

It is. It’s supposed to be a sin “to bear false witless”.

And every single one of these people is truly witless. Not a one of them is faking it!

Sadly, this one may well be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

When the UK Govt introduced a law preventing adoption agencies from discriminating against same-sex couples, the Catholic Church (and some Protestant churches) decided its agencies would rather close altogether than consider placing children with gays.

Obviously the decision was blamed on the govt for “forcing their hand”, never mind the fact that it’s the kiddies that suffer.

I imagine the same logic will apply over your side of the pond.

They would rather that children remain stuck in the foster system until they’re kicked out at 18 (often damaged either physically, mentally or emotionally BY the foster system) than have them raised healthy by loving parents who happen to be of the same gender.

Opus: “Excuse me. I never shot Warren Beatty in the buttocks.”
Milo Bloom: “Must have been a typo.”

Hey, if it’s good enough for the Bloom County Picayune

Hmmm… if there is mandatory homsexual sex, wouldn’t that be a boon for Catholic seminaries?

:smiley:

(Broadway Bears— Christopher Siebert and his boyfriend in their Batman/Robin dance… ah… won’t link, but it’s on youtube.)

Yep, Dobson is absolutely obsessed with teh gay. I’m sure somehow we blew up Israel in 2011 but haven’t read the entire long letter word for word (I’m just imagining Charlton Heston screaming “you bastards! you blew it up!” in front of a giant ruined statue of Barbra Streisand as Yentl on what used to be Tel Aviv).

Of course the whole thing reminds me of Dwight’s faxes from the future on one of the few episodes of The Office I’ve seen.

The reason Fundies go after the gays so obsessively, since I think somebody asked:

1. The “tent revival” scenario mentioned above has some documentary support (won’t say proof by any means, but it was an interesting study). YouTube video (section from the documentary Middle Sexes narrated by Gore Vidal) and a brief narrative description of the University of Georgia study.

2. For those who aren’t applicable to above: condemn divorce and you lose the financial support of divorcees and their loved ones, and the same is true with condemning single mothers or even adulterers or convicts. Condemn gays, though— well, that’s pretty safe since most straight people aren’t tempted to have gay sex themselves, and are far less likely to have gay relatives [that they know about] than they do divorcees or adulterers or single mothers- it’s a very convenient scapegoat.

Nah, the tax breaks will make the transition velvety smooth.

Corrected translation: It’s a sin for trees to bear fruit seedless. It’s a commandment against in vitro fertilization!

Unfortunately under Obama’s socialized medicine program, the waiting list for abortions is 8 months. But all not’s lost: if you give birth to the kid you can either choose infanticide or having it raised by gays.

It reads like a prequel to The Turner Diaries.

Working title: The Dobson Hallucinations

In homage to the celebrity death watch, we should have a “sanctimonious religious wacko in homosexual affair” scandal watch.

I’m guessing that Dobson is secretly as gay as a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day balloon. If he and Phelps had found each other 40 years ago, they’d both be a lot more happy and the world would be a better place.