The $600 From The IRS: What Did You/Are You Going To Do With It?

I bought a watch. The rest is going towards school textbooks and paying off my credit card.

I’m not sure when I’ll get my rebate.

When I get it, though, it’ll go straight to my credit card.

We’re upgrading television sets. Considering our old one is a twenty year old 21-inch model, I’m preparing to be utterly overwhelmed!

I was suppose to get it friday, but it never came in. So now I have to track it down. Though when or if I get it, it will be dumped into my jeep so that it will pass inspection. Fun stuff.

Nice watch. :slight_smile:

Hey, me too! And one of my friends. :mad: Hopefully it will come sometime next week.

dental work. :frowning: alas, it won’t pay for it all.

Brakes on the car. It has 50 k on it and it is time.

Straight to college tuition. That should offset the drop in federal aid.

Went into my checking account and out for a loan payment before I even noticed I had it.

This direct deposit stuff kinda sucks sometimes.

A third of it will be used to pay for my daughter’s high school graduation party, another third into savings, and the rest I hope to use to pay on the credit card. Those are my thoughts, anyway, I haven’t talked to my husband yet. And Scout camp expenses are coming up, and the band director said our son should get a trigger trombone, whatever that is. He said it would help with college. Anything that would help with college is something I should at least look into.

So not sure yet. We are supposed to be getting it next week so I guess we’ll be having that conversation soon.

being pessimistic and it’s looking like $300 for me:
$100 to slicing another wound in the credit card
$50 to pay back the Emergency Account for me borrowing from it last month
$150 for all the planned & unplanned stuff that I call “luxuries” for a couple months

I’m going to fix my car (the right way - not just the quick fix). If any money is left over (not likely) I’ll put it towards my credit card.

I had to spend most of it on the co-payment for an ambulance trip to the ER back in Feb.
The rest will be spent buying a new computer task chair. My brother leaned back in mine and broke it yesterday.

Most of ours is tagged to pay for Comic-Con at the end of July. If there’s any left after that, the cats may get new toys.

Fixing the door on my stupid car and the rest on a credit card.

Not intending to hijack, but I got the following in my spam box yesterday:

Of course it’s phony, and I intend to forward it to the REAL IRS. Beware.

I paid too much tax to be allowed to have any of it back. :confused:

My refund, as well as my (partial) rebate are ear-marked toward airline tickets for a trip UncleBeer and I are taking to Italy in the fall.

I purchased a Novatac 120-P flashlight, I’ve always wanted one, the rest is going into a savings account, so I’m only partially stimulating the economy

besides, my “stimulus” check would really only pay for about 20 tanks of gas at the current prices ($3.60/gal) anyway