The Big Bang Theory 2/24--"The Toast Derivation"

I didn’t care for Zack, Stuart, or Barry. Zack is out of place in the group, Stuart is an OK bit player from time to time but the towel scene was OTT. Barry is just plain annoying with his Elmer Fudd schtick.

Quite the cavalcade of guest stars; just about everybody besides Sheldon’s and Leonard’s moms.

With three of the guys hooked up, I can foresee two ways the writers could go with this, possibly in the season finale.

1. Penny realizes she is jealous and wants Leonard back. She and Raj pretend to hook up to make Leonard jealous hoping he’ll dump Priya (which is what Raj wants).

2. Similar to 1, but Penny acts unilaterally, acting like she and Raj are a couple, knowing that Raj can’t speak when she’s around and won’t be able to contradict her.

It’s interesting that Sheldon will listen to Amy. He doesn’t instantly dismiss her opinions like everyone else’s.

I’m afraid it’s going to go like Rachel and Ross in Friends - “She’s great in every way, but she isn’t Rachel.” (talking about Julie, the woman he met overseas). An easy out for them is for Priya to just go back to India, of course.

I do like the idea of Penny co-opting Raj. :smiley:

Well, Amy does think Sheldon is the most fun person she knows.

I’m a big *Kripke *hater, so the episode wasn’t that great for me. But clearly Penny is starting to miss Leonard.

Someone has to tell Hollywood screenwriters that the American film industry did not start in Hollywood. This is the second time I’ve heard this lately, and it pissed me off.

It might as well have and I am from where it started for real.

I said a few episodes ago they probably needed an episode to soften Sheldon a little to explain why they are even his friend. I think this is a close as the show will ever get to that.

Some of the lines I liked tonight.

Sheldon “…This is ‘-adness’ utter and complete 'adness…”

Zach: “…Is that like all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs…?”
Sheldon: “…{short pause} Surprisingly, Yes.”
Zach: " Now what exactly is toes?"

I think he is still getting some play out of saving their lives from the elevator bomb.

There was little enough Kripke to make it tolerable for me, though the whole ‘Sheldon’s Party’ part of the episode was mostly lost because of him. (Also, what was Sheldon thinking, there? Everyone else I can understand his inviting (yes, even Zach)…but Kripke?)

Don’t forget that Raj and Howard’s link to Sheldon is Leonard. In addition saving his life and covering his ass Sheldon has the exact same personality as Leonard’s mom.

I actually have little problem with Leonard being friends with Sheldon because of his irritatingness. What pokes at my suspension of disbelief is that they are sharing an apartment, despite both being full professors at a university, whereas all of the other characters besides Wolowitz can afford a whole apartment to themselves, even (with occasional help) waitress Penny and waitress with a scholastic bill Bernadette. I’m assuming Raj even has a two bedroom apartment to himself, given he’s able to host his sister, and while he might sleep on the couch for her, it would be extremely inconsiderate for him to have to sleep on the couch while she uses his bed to have sex with Leonard.

I knew a guy who was an engineer who had a house and a roommate. Based on his roommate’s rent, he paid off his house by the age of 38. Neither really needed to live this way, based on their incomes. But they both liked the advantage of sharing expenses and lived kinda like a big frat house.

IOW, even though this is a plot device, it isn’t too far from how life sometimes works. Some people prefer not to live alone.

<nitpick> “…and co’plete 'adness…” </nitpick> :smiley:

I think the gang are still at an age where having roommates is more-or-less the default - if we were talking about forty-somethings, that would be a different story (they’d have spouses instead of roommates). Great, now I want to see a show of all the people from TBBT in 20 years, with their assorted spouses and divorces and mid-life crises. :smiley:

Wasn’t there an episode where Sheldon was shown not to have cashed any of his paychecks? That could account for a bit…LOL

“However, this is delicious… whatever it’s called.”

Maybe everyone else knows this, but I found it remarkable when I read it in the NY Times. It turns out that Mayim Bialik has a Ph.D. from U.C.L.A. in …wait for it… neurobiology.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/science/01angier.html?_r=1&ref=science

Was anyone else confused that there was no fallout from the Bernadette/Howard story in the previous episode? When he moved back in with mom, I assumed that meant they’d broken up (and he’d deserve it of course from the way he acted before and after moving in with her). But the focus was Penny/Leonard as usual. You’d think there’d be at least a line from Bernadette about her status…