The Big Bang Theory: Season 9, Episode 10 (December 10, 2015) -- "The Earworm Reverberation"

Extra trivia: one of the other guests at the make-out party, credited as “Boy” and avoiding being an uncredited extra by his one spoken line… was Tobey Macguire.

IMDb gives Jim Parsons’s height as 6’ 1.25", but he towers over everyone in that photo. I wonder if the producers deliberately set out to cast shorter actors in the other roles.

Johnny Galecki was probably cast first, since he was already a sitcom veteran when the pilot was made and the role of Sheldon was originally offered to him. Jim Parsons was cast next. They are the only actors left from the first (discarded) pilot. Kelly Cuoco was probably cast next, since she’s in the first show in the first scene, I think. Simon Helberg and Kunnar Nayyar were probably the next ones cast.

I suspect Chuck Lorre became familiar with Johnny Galecki while Lorre was a co-executive producer / supervising producer (49 episodes, 1990-1992) for “Roseanne”. That would apply to Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf too. I think anyone who shared the Baptism Under Fire of working with/for Roseanne share a bond or something.

Normally, the idiotic obviously-canned laughter* is something I can wince at and ignore, but in the pre-credits part where Sheldon is first recording messages to his future (hahahahaha) insane self (hahahahaha) every sentence was ended with what sounded (hahahahaha) like the exact same clip. (hahahahaha). Like I said (hahahahaha) I can normally ignore it (hahahahaha) and yes, I’ve seen the "Big Bang Theory With No (hahahahaha) Canned Laughter) bit on Youtube, but that two minutes (hahahahaha) was crazy-obnoxious to me. (hahahahaha)

And yeah, I’m glad Sheldon and Amy are back together and I’d love to see what happens if Sheldon devotes his obsessiveness (Fun With Flags, for instance) to wooing Amy. Either he’ll suffocate her (which I doubt, because his research would warn him about it) or he’ll do it so well that Bernadette and Penny will get jealous of that level of attention.

*I’ve heard better canned laughter from the 1970s–seriously, where is he finding these laugh-clips?

The clothes are part of their identity. Raj always has a sweater, Leonard has a hoodie, Howard always has a turtleneck (with an alien pin), Sheldon always has a nerdy t-shirt over a long-sleeved undershirt, Bernadette always has a cardigan too small for her, etc. They’re like cartoon characters, in that sense, probably deliberately.

Soon, someone will post that’s it’s filmed in front of a live audience. :smiley:

Like the gang on Scooby-Doo :smiley:

Or the Peanuts gang.

Kaley

Yeah because remember she got Penny the job as a pharmaceutical rep?

All I know is that Raj was enjoying a good ole Tim Horton’s beverage. Shout out to Canada, eh.

Of course. I think Lorre has used that defense. For me, I don’t care whether the laughter is real (live audience) or canned. I care about how intrusive it is. I am pretty sure that technology exists to separate the audience laughter from the actors dialog. Perhaps multiple microphones and sound editing?

Kimballkid writes:

> Kaley

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Sorry. I’ve got to proofread better.

The explanation is that Sheldon has already kissed Amy and enjoyed it so he knows he likes kissing her.

The kissing happens on the episode where Amy takes Sheldon on a romantic Valentines train ride and they get into a huff and to show Amy he can do romantic stuff he kisses her out of annoyance/frustration and ends up liking it.

See 1:45 of this clip:

Also, in the episode at the end of last season when Leonard and Penny leave for Los Vegas, Sheldon and Amy are engaged in “a distracted make-out session” at the beginning.

[quote=“Drunky_Smurf, post:54, topic:740079”]

The explanation is that Sheldon has already kissed Amy and enjoyed it so he knows he likes kissing her.

The kissing happens on the episode where Amy takes Sheldon on a romantic Valentines train ride and they get into a huff and to show Amy he can do romantic stuff he kisses her out of annoyance/frustration and ends up liking it.

See 1:45 of this clip:

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the kissing has been pretty perfunctory on Sheldon’s part ever since. Perfunctory, coerced and one-sided. Hence the break up.

Jim Parsons crying on Long Island Medium? I’ve lost all respect.

Yeah but he killed it on Elf: Buddy’s Musical Christmas last night so all your respect is back.

Yes, falling for such a obvious scam.