The Big Bang Theory: Season 9, Episode 10 (December 10, 2015) -- "The Earworm Reverberation"

Let’s just say the next time you move a dozen vials of raccoon virus to the fridge, make two trips.

How is having fictional characters grow and change, you know like how people do in real life, weird and against continuity? If Sheldon was acting like and reacting to everything like he did on the first season eps, now that would be weird. (and I’d have stopped watching long ago.)

He was considering whether or not he should start watching “The Flash”.

Because re-evaluating whether or not you want a particular woman in your life doesn’t automatically make you like kissing when, for your whole life, you never even liked touching.

I hope the writers give this aspect of Sheldon an explanation. Even a small handwave about how love has changed him or something. And it looks like they will, seeing as how the promos from next weeks show is giving it all away just like the promos for this week’s show did.

Oh man, that reminded me. In the Television Without Pity’s TBBT forum, there was a very large and vocal asexual contingent that absolutely hated the Shamy after a while. They were all for it in the beginning, when Amy and Sheldon were robot clones of each other. When Amy’s character grew into more of a real person though, they wanted her gone.

Other, more regular people argued that it was perfectly normal for a person to grow and mature and that 99.9% of the human population have sexual feelings. But they were adamant. Sheldon was their one and only asexual representation on TV and he should remain broken. Although, of course, they didn’t consider him broken.

The asexuals did not like my joke that whether they break up or not, Sheldon is getting him some pussy. This joke made more sense since it was made very soon after their first break up when Sheldon went out and got himself a bunch of cats.

I believe that as Blossom, she smooched her boyfriend (who happened to be young Johnny Galecki).

Leonard wears boxers and a tee shirt to bed with Penny, who at least wears a bra. Amy could wear that nightgown of hers that she wore in the episode where Sheldon spanked her. So, even with Hollywood L-shaped sheeting, they could do the obligatory post-coital scene.

:smiley: I just remembered Sheldon’s Walk Of Shame The Morning After :smiley:

I’m pretty sure if I was told I had to make out with an attractive woman… and then was told she was a lesbian, I would still enjoy it just as much.

There’s this thing they pay Mayim a whole lot of money to do called acting. Jim Parsons, a gay man, also gets paid a lot of money to play a straight man on a TV show. I wonder if he’ll balk at coitus scenes with a woman?

As an actor Mayim Bialik is well aware that sometimes her job will ask her to do things that she herself would never do. It’s part of the deal. I’m sure there are limits, but she has to be realistic about what she is likely to be expected to do in any given role, and kissing strangers, let alone someone who has become a close friend, is hardly against any average person’s principles. She’s probably more concerned that the science she does on the show is accurate.

Well, there is some stretch in her rules for appropriate clothing. Remember, she did wear a female ST:TOS uniform in Science Blue that time she played Doctor with Sheldon.

Bialik was wearing a uniform that covered her shoulders and knees in that scene. That’s doesn’t violate her usual restrictions on dress. You can find several videos of that scene if you want to look at it on Youtube by searching on “Amy”, “Sheldon”, and “doctor”.

That dress stops mid-thigh. She does have on tights, though. So. . .

And to prove it, I went to her website where she has this article about her playing the lead in a romantic Christmas movie.

Well, this isn’t anything new. Actor Steven Hill (who you probably remember as Adam Schiff on "Law & Order") played Daniel Briggs the original lead agent on the first season of "Mission: Impossible". Hill, a devout Russian Jew refused to work on the Sabbath. Through most of that first season of M:I they were able to shoot around for him, but eventually they couldn’t continue abiding his wishes, so he was replaced by Peter Graves in the second season.

The clothing on this show always bugs me. Have we ever seen one of them in blue jeans? Penny is the only one of them that has bought new clothes or changed her style over the years. And why are they all dressed like they live in Minnesota? I thought Southern Californians all wore shorts, tee shirts, and flip-flops. :wink: Leonard always wears some number of shirts, a hoodie, and a jacket. And isn’t it about time that Raj ditched the sweater vests?

Here she talks about wearing a football uniform for a promo.

Funny how the question of modesty works out. The Star Trek ultra mini was fine to wear but the football uniform is against modesty rules. Strange, that.

Good points. At 72°f, I’m pretty comfortable in a single tee shirt. They must have the AC really cranked up on that set. It’s like they’re wearing uniforms: Howard’s turtleneck dickies, Raj’s sweater vest over a polo shirt over a tee shirt, Leonard’s hoodie/jacket, Bernie’s short cardigan over an empire waist dress, Sheldon’s short sleeved tees over a long sleeved tee, and Amy’s cardigan over some granny clothing.

If I’m understanding the modesty rules correctly, the football pants were more of a problem because the minidress didn’t display the crotch area.

Have you ever kissed someone on a stage? With the lights and a crew and (sometimes) an audience? Most straight actors would also be unlikely to become aroused. :slight_smile: