The comedy Airplane! was released 30 years ago! Surely you can't be serious!

I am serious… and don’t call me Shirley.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/movies/27airplane.html

How wild is it that I just now finished watching “Zero Hour!” ?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit taking Flomax.

I saw the first cut audience reaction free showing at UC Davis when I was a freshman. IIRC, John Davidson was one of the financial backers and he was at the showing. A couple of scenes got cut out before the final theater release based on the Davis pre-view.

IIRC, there was a scene of the nun singing and for some medical evac kid on the plane and ripping out the IV tubes while swinging her guitar around. It wasn’t funny and there were a couple of other scenes that were kinda duds.

That scene was in the movie, and I thought it was funny. :slight_smile:

And it was not the nun, it was the other stewardess that played the guitar (At 1:24):

The Nun slapped the hysterical woman.

Randy (the other flight attendant, played by Lorna Patterson) borrows the guitar from the nun (Maureen McGovern, no less) and sings sings for the sick girl, pulling her IV out twice. That’s one of the funniest scenes in the movie.

Found it.

It’s still funny.

ok, I stand corrected on that scene. But I know there were a couple that flopped and didn’t make the final cut.

deleted. I came to let China Guy know that he has not right to his own opinion on that hilarious scene, but I see he has realized the error of his ways.

And sang “R-E-S-P-E-C-T” for the jive dude, who quickly starts vomiting.

30 years?! Give me Hamm on five and hold the Mayo!

The funniest movie ever made. And my favorite movie of all time.

I just want to tell this thread - good luck.

There’s no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you’ll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

I can’t find a link, but I’m told Robert Hays broke his back a few years ago. Not paralyzed, but not in great shape either. :frowning:

Also, in the disco scene, he was juggling for real.

Casablanca-inspired romantic flashback? That’s dumb - the first time Striker and Elaine meet is presented as a spoof of Saturday Night Fever, while the later beach scene is a takeoff on From Here to Eternity.

By the way, the sick girl? Went on to play Captain Stubing’s daughter on Love Boat.

good luck, we’re all counting on you.

What can you make of this?

Striker…Striker…STRIKER!

<smack>

EDIT: Oops; that was Aiplane 2!