The Dropping Out Thread

That’d be Cruz and he hates Cruz.

Has anybody measured?

Kinda thinking at this point someone is going to have to take Jeb up to the family vacation spot, sit him down and explain that this whole ‘running for President’ thing just isn’t working out for him.

But I expect it would just confuse him.

Hey, how’d your test drive go, by the way?

Sorry for the hijack.

You know, I have to READ all of this.

Ew.

I guess that means Carly gets to debate Hillary in the pre-debate, since that’s her only campaign point is to attack Hillary.

Hey Ricky!

Yep, he’s out too.

We’re down to nine, and one (Fiorina) doesn’t count anymore, and another (Gilmore) never counted to begin with. So that leaves seven real (for now, because some will be gone by this time next week) candidates: Trump, Cruz, Carson, Rubio, Kasich, Bush, and Christie.

Aaaand, as I expected, Santorum endorsed Rubio.

Cabinet position?

Absent a very thick layer of varnish, you wouldn’t want Santorum anywhere near a cabinet.

Cruz measured out at a capacity of 2.73 kongdongs . . . nobody on the research team could be persuaded to go near Trump.

I nominate Jim Gilmore.

I assume all of these are technically “suspending” their campaign instead of ending it because of the various rules. No practical difference.

One minor difference, and one major. The minor is that they get to keep their delegates, which if they had any they wouldn’t be suspending; the major is that they can continue to raise money beyond what is needed to pay off the campaign’s debts, most likely to put against a future campaign.

… unless your name’s Rand.

He doesn’t have any yet. He has delegates to the next level in Iowa. He has two chances of gaining Iowa delegates to the national convention: slim and fat.

Ben Carson’s campaign is massively cutting staff as the money runs out. He’s still in the game, but the handwriting’s on the wall.

Maybe he could save some money by using a laundromat rather than flying back home for more clothes.

Maybe Carson should use some of the money he’s saving on staff to buy a new suit. Chalk stripe suits are typically worn only by pool hustlers, gangsters, and pimps.

He may not have a pool cue, but he’s still a hustler.